The new SEMA Board members will be recognized during the SEMA Installation Banquet & Gala Fundraiser in July. Also during the event, members of the specialty-equipment industry will recognize the services of outgoing SEMA Board members and celebrate the induction of the newest members to the SEMA Hall of Fame.
Results of the 2012 SEMA Board of Directors election are in, with two new members joining the group and three members re-elected to the Board.
The newest members of the group are Russell Stephens, representing the manufacturer category, and Nick Gramelspacher, representing the distributor/retailer category. Three incumbent Board members were re-elected to a three-year term: John Hotchkis in the manufacturer category, Jim Bingham in the distributor/retailer category, and Luanne Brown in the services category.
Members of the 2012–2013 SEMA Board of Directors
- Chairman of the Board: Scooter Brothers, COMP Performance Group
- Chairman-Elect: Nate Shelton, B&M Automotive Group
- Immediate Past Chairman: Rick Rollins, Rollins Performance Marketing/Consulting
- Greg Adler – CEO, Transamerican Auto Parts
- Joel Ayres – Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Bedslide/Takit LLC
- Jeff Bates – Principal/Partner, Bob Cook Sales
- Jim Bingham – President and CEO, Winner’s Circle Speed & Custom Inc.
- Luanne Brown – President & CEO, eTool Developers
- Jim Chick – Director, Sales & Marketing, Bestop Inc.
- Donnie Eatherly – President, P&E Distributors Inc.
- Nick Gramelspacher – National Sales Manager, Meyer Distributing
- John Hotchkis – President, Hotchkis Performance LLC
- Myles Kovacs – President & Co-Founder, DUB Publishing Inc.
- Tim Martin – Vice President, K&N Engineering Inc.
- JR Moore – Director, Warehouse Operations, Performance Warehouse
- Mike Spagnola – President, Street Scene Equipment
- Russell Stephens – President, MSD Performance
- Steve Wolcott – CEO, ProMedia LLC
- Van Woodell – President/Owner, Weathers Auto Supply
- Jeep Worthan – Vice President, Sales, Auto Meter
Dan Gresham of Coutant Capital will continue as secretary/treasurer for the Board, and Russ Deane of Trainum, Snowdon & Deane continues as general counsel.
“We are grateful to the volunteers who share their industry knowledge and expertise by serving on the SEMA Board of Directors,” said Chris Kersting, SEMA president and CEO. “These leaders ensure that we are focused on the most crucial issues and that we tackle the industry’s biggest challenges. Many key programs that we have today are a direct result of guidance from the SEMA Board.”
The new Board members will be recognized during the SEMA Installation Banquet & Gala Fundraiser, Friday, July 27, 2012, in Pomona, California. Also during the event, outgoing members Ron Funfar, John Iannotte, Bob Moore, Adrian Murray, Ed Orzetti, Chris Thomson and Tim Watts will be recognized, along with the 2012 SEMA Hall of Fame inductees Nick Arias Jr., Bill France Sr., Mark Heffington, and Bob Larivee Sr.
Proceeds from the gala will be contributed to two organizations: Childhelp and Victory Junction—the two charities affiliated with the SEMA Cares initiative. Tickets and details for the Installation Banquet & Gala Fundraiser are available at www.SEMA.org/gala.
For assistance or questions, contact Michelle Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-978-6684.