FIAT is offering a 500 Abarth to select customizers for the 2012 SEMA Show.
FIAT brand is offering customizers Abarth vehicles for the 2012 SEMA Show. This year’s focus will be developing lifestyle and performance vehicles. The FIAT 500 Abarth is equipped with a manual 1.4L 16v MultiAir Turbo Engine rated at 160 hp.
FIAT 500 SEMA Offer/Benefits:
- A FIAT 500 Abarth vehicle to create and promote accessories and/or vendor capabilities.
- Potential display of the modified FIAT at shows and FIAT promotional events.
- Potential media coverage of the modified FIAT and, therefore, the vendor name from the SEMA Show and through other media outreach.
FIAT 500 SEMA Requirements:
- An introductory letter defining the theme of the project vehicle and its general content.
- 8½ x 11 color renderings illustrating front/side, rear and interior appearance (Composite ¾ views acceptable) with the intended color and graphic scheme accurately defined. Preservation of front-end brand identity (divisional emblem and possibly grille features) is mandatory.
- A list of specific system upgrades, including partnered sources and new products being developed for FIAT through the project.
- Examples of previous project vehicles and promotional activities by the applicant.
- Promotional and media outreach plan beyond the SEMA Show (i.e. tour of events, specific magazine feature articles, online promotion, etc.).
- Availability for the 2012 SEMA Show in Las Vegas is required. Please state where the vehicle will be displayed at the SEMA Show and who will sponsor the vehicle if it is placed in a feature spot. Note that partners are required to promote the vehicle through November 1, 2013. Proposals with guaranteed interior booth space will be given preferred consideration.
- Required shows to be displayed at as part of FIAT display: TBA.
- Need to be accessible for Fiat brand/dealer events (minimum: 4).
Aftermarket companies requesting vehicles should have the following capabilities:
- Financially and technically capable of building a one-off show car without financial or parts support from FIAT USA, Chrysler Group LLC or Mopar.
- Willing to partner with other non-competing aftermarket companies or enthusiast publications to enhance the vehicle project.
- History of active promotion of vehicle projects with an established marketing plan.
Project vehicle recipients must:
- Execute a promotional agreement with Chrysler that sets forth the obligations of the vehicle recipient, including, without limitation, the requirement to return the vehicle to Chrysler Group LLC in three years.
- Commit to make the vehicle available to FIAT or its dealers if requested for additional shows and exhibits for a minimum of two years from the initial delivery date.
- Commit to feature the vehicle with the model logos intact and visible. Commit to provide regular reports to FIAT USA public relations regarding media coverage and event activity for the project vehicle for a minimum of two years from the initial delivery date.
- Proposals due: May 31, 2012; 4:00 p.m. (EDT)
- Winners announced: June 15, 2012
- Vehicle delivery: July 5–9, 2012
- Customized vehicle live visit review with FIAT brand team to review finished vehicle: October 7–11, 2012
- FIAT 500 customized vehicle on display at the 2012 SEMA Show: October 30–November 2, 2012
Please e-mail your detailed project proposal or questions to nicole.longhini@FIATUSA.com before May 31, 2012, at 4:00 p.m. (EDT). For more information on the FIAT 500 Abarth, visit www.fiatusa.com/abarth.