The 5th Annual GM Performance Parts LSX Shootout Results
The 5th Annual GM Performance Parts LSX Shootout, presented by GM High-Tech Performance, took place at the 10th Annual FueLab NMCA World Street Finals—the last stop of the 2011 NMCA Flowmaster Muscle Car Nationals Series Tour.
The following is the list of LSX Shootout class winners:
JE Pistons Drag Radial:
- Winner: Mike Brown ’98 T/A 7.31
- Runner-Up: Andy Essary ’02 T/A 7.53
ERL Performance All Motor:
- Winner: Judson Massingill ’99 Camaro 8.31
- Runner-Up: Joe Huneycutt ’02 Camaro 8.61
Holley EFI Real Street:
- Winner: Adam Preston ’00 Camaro 8.48
- Runner-Up: Paul Falcon ’01 Formula 8.87
Proform LSX Rumble:
- Winner: Dennis Pearson ’10 Camaro
- Runner-Up: Tim Habel ’10 Camaro
Nitto Tire 5th Gen Camaro Challenge Presented by Camaro Performers:
- Winner: Louie Filippides
- Runner-Up: Shawn Calabrese
The following are the TREMEC LSX True Street class winners:
- Overall Winner: David Childress – ’98 Pontiac Trans Am – 9.039 Average
- Overall Runner-Up: Greg Edwards – ’02 Chevy Camaro – 9.212 Average
- 9-Second Winner: Justin May - ’91 Pontiac Firebird – 9.586 Average
- 10-Second Winner: James Voyles – ’70 Chevy Nova – 10.068 Average
- 11-Second Winner: Brandon Smith – ’10 Chevy Camaro – 11.035 Average
- 12-Second Winner: Steve Ciregna – ’02 Pontiac Trans Am – 12.024 Average
- 13-Second Winner: Jesse Lancaster – ’02 Chevy Camaro – 13.021 Average
- 14-Second Winner: Paul Lewis – ’04 Pontiac GTO – 14.037 Average
The following is the list of World's Fastest LSX Challenge award winners:
- Fastest 4th Gen Camaro: Judson Massingill – ’99 Chevy Camaro - 8.279 @ 158.13 mph
- Fastest Firebird: Mike Brown – ’98 Pontiac Trans Am – 7.394 @ 193.13 mph
- Fastest GTO: Don Dixon – ’05 Pontiac GTO – 9.841 @ 140.36 mph
- Fastest Corvette: Mark Carlyle – ’07 Chevy Corvette ZO6 – 8.157 @ 177.65 mph
- Fastest Cadillac: Gene Griffith – ’09 Cadillac CTSV – 10.538 @ 130.85
- Fastest G8: Donna Miller – '09 Pontiac G8 – 12.452 @ 112.24 mph
- Fastest Truck/SUV: Jeff Oppenheim – ’86 Chevy El Camino – 10.569 @ 126.90 mph
The following is the winner and runner-up info for the GM High-Tech Performance 5th Gen Camaro Shootout:
- Winner: Ronnie Hackleton ’10 Camaro – 10.41
- Runner-Up: Paul Murphy ’10 Camaro – 11.52
|#22 Draper Tools – Audi R8 LMS|
United Autosports Closes Audi & FIA Championship “Chapters” In Europe
United Autosports closed two chapters in its short, 20-month existence when the checker unfurled in the final FIA GT3 European Championship race of the season at Circuit Park Zandvoort (NED) October 16.
But there was to be no fairytale ending despite a lot of effort by the Anglo-American team that registered three hard-earned top-20 placings with their brace of Audi R8 LMS sports cars.
The one-hour races staged on the historic 2.68-mile Zandvoort coastal track located 15 miles from Amsterdam marked the final appearance of a United Audi in Europe and the team’s last FIA races—United switching to the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 and the Blancpain Endurance Series in 2012.
United Autosports contests its 41st race since its race debut in April last year at Macau next month with the R8 LMS (2010: 12 FIA GT3, 2 BGT, Spa 24 Hours, Zhuhai ILMC, Macau. 2011: 12 FIA GT3, 10 BGT, Spa 24 Hours).
Hong Kong-based Richard Meins (GB) will make his fourth appearance behind the wheel of a United R8 LMS when he lines up in the GT race at Macau.
|The Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, piloted by Porsche works driver Wolf Henzler and his partner veteran Falken driver Bryan Sellers, won two races and finished in the top five of the ALMS GT class four times during the 2011 season.|
Falken Tire Helps Celebrate Rennsport Reunion IV
One of the most historic Porsche race car events took place at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, in Monterey, California, October 14–16, and Falken Tire was a part of this worldwide celebration. Rennsport Reunion IV featured three days of the world’s largest gathering of Porsche historic race cars and those who drove them to victory. The festivities featured track experiences, hospitality and an open paddock for visitors to interact with international car collectors and racers.
Falken has become an extended member of that family through its successful involvement in the American Le Mans Series presented by Patron Tequila as the team owner of its Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, piloted by Porsche works driver Wolf Henzler and his partner veteran Falken driver Bryan Sellers. The teal and blue No. 17 Porsche won two races and finished in the top five of the ALMS GT class four other times during the 2011 season—a significant accomplishment for a single-car operation.
On display at the racetrack was Falken’s race-winning Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, along with a new Porsche Cayenne fitted with Falken ZIEX S/TZ-04 All Season Performance SUV and Light Truck tires. In addition, the company’s new AZENIS PT-722 was shown with a variety of sizes for new-model 911s. One additional feature to Falken’s display was a very rare ’86 Porsche 911 M491 (930 chassis), of which only 200 were produced. Porsche created this model with all the same components as a Turbo model, including suspension, body panels and brakes, without the turbocharger. The M491 showcased Falken’s AZENIS RT615K Ultra High Performance Enthusiast Sport tire.