|2010 Rep Agency of the Year Honoree, Michael Kunzman and Associates|
|2010 WD of the Year Honoree, Meyer Distributing|
Finalists have been announced for the SEMA WD of the Year and the SEMA Rep Agency of the Year awards presented at the SEMA Show. The recipients will be recognized and honored during the SEMA Show's Industry Awards Banquet, Thursday evening, November 3. The SEMA Person of the Year Award will also be presented during the banquet.
The finalists for the 2011 SEMA Rep Agency of the Year are Bob Cook Sales, Considine Sales & Marketing and Innovative Marketing Services. The award was established to honor a manufacturers' rep agency for outstanding contributions to the automotive specialty-equipment industry for the past 12 months corresponding with SEMA's fiscal year, July 1 through June 30. The Rep Agency of the Year Award is selected based on the following criteria:
- SEMA Involvement (i.e., member, service on committees, task forces, councils, board, etc.)
- Quality and frequency of calls to the WD.
- Knowledge of terms and policies of lines/products represented (i.e., technical, general, presentation).
- Communication of critical information between the supplier and client network and vice versa.
- Ability to provide the services required by the manufacturer and the WD.
- Effective implementation of manufacturers’ programs in a timely manner.
- Maintains current and up-to-date catalogs/database files and price sheets/pricing files.
- Consistently reviews and writes up product warranties in a timely manner.
- Does periodic inventory reviews to ensure WD’s product coverage and inventory turns.
- Integrity of the agency in all operations.
- Conscientious and timely follow-through by reps on specific issues.
- Pursuit of new marketing opportunities.
- Maintains continuous training and education programs.
- Troubleshoots and attempts to resolve any problems related to a rep’s line/product.
- Supports and actively participates in WD open houses and other events.
- Makes in-field jobber calls on behalf of the WD and manufacturer and reports findings.
The SEMA WD of the Year Award was established to honor a warehouse distributor for outstanding contribution to the automotive specialty-equipment industry during the past 12 months corresponding with SEMA's fiscal year, July 1 through June 30. The finalists for the 2011 SEMA WD of the Year Award are Engine & Performance Warehouse, Meyer Distributing and Motor State Distributing. The finalists were selected based on the following criteria:
- SEMA Involvement (i.e., member, ambassador, service on committees, task forces, councils, board etc.).
- Works with jobbers for sales training and support programs.
- Promptly distributes catalogs, price sheets, merchandising aids and general collateral material.
- Attends industry shows and events.
- Creates programs to further the suppliers and resellers chances for successfully getting the product to the consumer.
- Maintains proper inventories to service the resellers on a timely basis.
- Provides the suppliers with input and regular communication to help their products and programs succeed.
- Allows for regular training of their personnel to keep them updated on new products, promotions and trends through rep, factory and/or industry training.
- Presents suppliers, their products and promotions to the reseller in a professional manner.
- Operates in a professional and efficient manner.
- Regularly pays their bills as agreed and in a timely manner.
- Provides the means to get the suppliers product to the reseller in a timely and efficient manner.