|Honda is offering a select group of vehicle customizers the opportunity to create ’12 Civic project vehicles for the 2011 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.|
In support of Honda’s marketing campaign “To Each Their Own,” Honda is offering a select group of vehicle customizers the
opportunity to create project vehicles for the 2011 SEMA Show
in Las Vegas. To highlight the variety of the ’12 Civic lineup, project
vehicles will include a selection of Civic Si Coupes, Civic Si Sedans
and Civic Hybrids. Applicants are encouraged to submit proposals
specific to each model of interest.
Approved projects will include both “green” and performance/fun
attributes that are core to the vehicles, but uniqueness, style and
ambition will earn extra points.
The all-new ’12 Honda Civic represents the ninth generation of one of the company’s most popular and globally recognized products. Having earned a reputation for being a fun-to-drive compact that is fuel efficient, sporty, stylish and durable, for 2012, the Civic's major strides include improvements to refinement throughout; increased fuel economy on all models; the addition of interactive technologies for personalization and convenience; and enhancements to performance, ride and interior packaging. The new Civic went on sale on April 20, 2011.
- Completely redesigned models, including the Civic Si Coupe and Sedan, well equipped and technologically advanced Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe, plus the fuel-efficient Civic HF Sedan, Civic Hybrid Sedan and Civic Natural Gas Sedan.
- New powertrain technologies include a refined 1.8L engine with enhanced fuel economy, a larger and more powerful 2.4L Si powerplant and a fifth-generation IMA Civic Hybrid powertrain that delivers higher performance and improved fuel economy with Honda’s first use of a lithium-ion battery in a hybrid.
Offer and Benefits:
- Giveaway of a ’12 Honda Civic to create and promote accessories and/or vendor capabilities.
- Display of the modified Civic in the official Honda display at the 2011 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
- Potential display of the modified Civic at major auto shows and Honda promotional events.
- Potential media coverage of the modified Civic and, therefore, the vendor name from the SEMA Show and through other media outreach.
Please e-mail your detailed project proposal to email@example.com before June 22, 2011. Include details in the categories listed below:
- Vehicle requested: Civic Si Coupe, Civic Si Sedan or Civic Hybrid. *Separate proposals should be submitted to be considered for more than one model.
- Vehicle Theme: Should offer a unique angle specific to the model requested.
- Proposed vehicle modifications.
- New products being developed for the Civic through the project.
- Promotional and media outreach plan beyond the SEMA Show (i.e. tour of events, specific magazine feature articles, online promotion, etc.)
- Examples of previous project vehicles and promotional activities by the applicant.
Aftermarket companies requesting vehicles should have these capabilities:
- Financially and technically capable of building a one-off show car without financial or parts support from American Honda Motor Co. Inc.
- Willing to partner with other non-competing aftermarket companies or enthusiast publications to enhance the vehicle project.
- History of active promotion of vehicle projects with an established marketing plan.
Project vehicle recipients must:
- Commit to make the vehicle available to Honda or its dealers if requested for additional shows and exhibits for a minimum of two years from the initial delivery date.
- Commit to feature the vehicle with the Honda and model logos intact and visible. (Please note that Honda has very specific logo rules, which can be explained in detail.)
- Commit to provide regular reports to Honda Public Relations regarding media coverage and event activity for the project vehicle for a minimum of two years from the initial delivery date.
- Commit to have the completed vehicle available for photography in Torrance, California, by Monday, October 24, 2011.
To obtain digital images of the vehicle for your rendering, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these images or renderings based upon them may not be used for any outside promotion.
Full details, along with viewable photos of the ’12 Honda Civic, are available online at www.hondanews.com.