On Monday, May 17, balloting opens for the SEMA Select Committee elections. The elections represent your opportunity to guide the direction of your SEMA councils and committees. Each SEMA council member company will receive one e-mail with instructions and links for completing an electronic Select Committee ballot. Only one ballot per company is e-mailed, and only one ballot per company will be recorded.
The e-mail ballot will be addressed to the person listed as your company’s primary council contact in the SEMA membership database. Balloting will remain open through Friday, May 28. If you think that you are the primary council contact and do not receive an e-mail on Monday, May 17, contact your SEMA Staff Liaison immediately.
WTC Select Committee Nominees and Bios:
George Finch – Carlisle Tire and Wheel Company – Incumbent
George Finch is an eight-year WTC Select Committee alumnus, and former WTC Chairman. Finch led several projects during his time, including initial publication of SAE J2530; drafting comments to the NHTSA related to TPMS and ESC regulations; and expanding the council to include tire-industry membership.
Finch has more than 15 years experience in the wheel and tire industry, working for Superior Industries and American Racing Equipment. Finch is now the R and D Manager for Wheel Products at Carlisle Tire and Wheel. Finch has also served as a voting member on the SAE Wheel Standards Committee, bringing an aftermarket voice to this heavily OE-focused standards body. Finch holds a bachelor's of mechanical engineering from Cal Poly Pomona.
George welcomes the opportunity to rejoin the WTC Select Committee and respectfully requests your vote. Thank You for the consideration.
Steve Hutchinson – Toyo Tire USA
Steve Hutchinson is vice president of marketing for Toyo Tire USA. He joined Toyo Tire USA in 2006 as senior director of marketing. Prior to this, he served as vice president sales and marketing for Castrol and spent 11 years in various sales and marketing roles for Bridgestone. He is a native of Houston, Texas and holds a BA in marketing from Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, Texas.
Greg Senser – Nitto Tire USA Inc.
I am honored to be chosen as a candidate for the SEMA WTC Select Committee for the upcoming elections. While this will be my first exposure to the Committee, I have worked in the past with WTC Committee members. Additionally I have many years of work experience in the automotive aftermarket industry, both in the retail and manufacturing sides, with an emphasis on the tire and wheel industry. I look forward to the possibility of using my knowledge to help further SEMA's benefit to the industry, and also being able to learn from my fellow committee members. Thank you.
Carl Robinson - Mickey Thompson Performance Tires – Incumbent
- Applied and tested the first 16-inch diameter tire and wheel on a “Top Sportsman” Car – before the Pro-Modified era
- Designed the current 16-inch bead-lock system used today in NHRA/IHRA Nitro Fuel Categories
- Served on the S.F.I Certification committee for Racing Wheels certified in Europe – traveled to Germany, Sweden, Finland and England to inspect and verify product for the F.I.A.
- Contributed on the S.F.I. Competition Wheel committee in the development of specifications and test parameters for Nitro-fuel-powered race vehicles
- Co-designed the first “forged” one-piece drag racing front wheels in both spindle mount and bolt-on applications
- Conceived and designed the first “test wheels” to be applied on a NHRA Top Fuel car to measure the forces applied at the axle in real-time
Shelly Urwiler - Vision Wheel - Incumbent
• More than 42 years of experience in the custom wheel industry
• Served three terms on WTC Select Committee 2000–2006
• Heavily involved in WTC Poster Project, SAE J2530 wheel specification and TPMS issues
• New issues involve enforcement of incoming product and common identification for custom wheels
Chris Webster - Design Infini Wheels
WTC Members: Impressed with WTC and the needs in our industry, I am very interested in serving on the WTC Select Committee.
Currently employed by Design Infini Wheels, and previously by Status One Wheels and Progressive Wheels, I’ve had the opportunity to participate, lead, own and grow aftermarket wheel businesses over the past 22 years. Additionally, my background includes a bachelor's degree in marketing with a minor in management (Oklahoma State University 1987), Rotarian and Riverside Mayoral Economic Advisory Board.
Some areas I feel immediately compelled to contribute would be to assist in an effective WTC membership drive and to be another sounding board to SAE’s Wheel Standards Committee; helping to ensure that our aftermarket wheel industries’ interests are considered through the current SAE J2530 standards review process.
Thank you for your consideration.
Wayne Williams – Fairmount Tire & Rubber Inc.
Thank you committee for the nomination, I commit to support and further worthy causes and proposals put in place by the proceeding committee and to initiate programs/proposals that support the professional efforts by counter sales staff and those who service the aftermarket. My primary goal is to support with initiatives that bring "intelligent" solutions to sales counter staff.
Past Member/Conti-General Tire Dealer Council
2006 SEMA Outstanding POS Display Award Winner (Client Mickey Thompson)
• BFG Top Achievement Challenge winner
• Vice president of sales/marketing for Parnelli Jones, Discount Tire Centers, Winston Tire
• 35 years of experience in wholesale/retail/marketing monthly columnist for Modern Tire Dealer
Owner/founder ExSell Marketing