|Seventeen industry professionals are vying for a position on the 2010–2011 SEMA Board of Directors. The deadline for SEMA members to cast their ballots is June 11, 2010.|
Background information and photos for the 17 industry professionals who are vying for a position on the 2010–2012 SEMA Board of Directors are now available online at www.sema.org/bod10/candidates. The SEMA Board of Directors provides strategic direction to the association and plays a critical role in shaping the future of the automotive specialty-equipment industry.
Ballots will be sent to the primary contacts at eligible SEMA-member companies within the corresponding categories during the month of May. SEMA members are encouraged to review the bios posted online and cast their votes before the deadline on June 11, 2010.
“The SEMA Board of Directors plays an important role in shaping the future of the industry,” said Chris Kersting, SEMA president and CEO. “The election process is a chance for SEMA members to select who will guide the industry into the future. This is a time for SEMA members to determine what the important issues are moving forward.”
Candidates are as follows:
- Ron Funfar, Hedman Hedders/Trans-Dapt (incumbent)
- John Hotchkis, Hotchkis Performance LLC
- Myles Kovacs, DUB Publishing Inc.
- BJ Leanse, Big Country Truck Accessories (incumbent)
- Adrian Murray, Painless Performance
- Ernie Silvers, Egge Machine Company Inc.
- Chris Thomson, AIRAID Filter Co. (incumbent)
- Tim Watts, Superlift Suspension Systems (incumbent)
- Bob West, Westin Automotive Products Inc.
Manufacturers' Rep Category
- John Iannotte, N.A. Williams
- Dave Wrobleski, Jim Wrobleski & Co. Inc. (incumbent)
Distributor/Retailer & Services Category
- Jim Bingham, Winner's Circle Speed & Custom Inc.
- Luanne Brown, eTool Developers (incumbent)
- Bob Moore, Bob Moore & Partners (incumbent)
- Ed Orzetti, Keystone Automotive Operations Inc. (incumbent)
- Joseph Risch, Whitney Automotive Group
- Mark Toebben, Direct Communications Inc.
The newly elected Board members, who will serve on the SEMA Board for two years, will be recognized at the SEMA Installation Banquet & Gala Fundraiser, Friday, July 23, 2010, at the Pasadena Convention Center in Pasadena, California. The event, which is part of SEMA’s Leadership Days program, includes dinner. Outgoing Board members will also be recognized, along with the 2010 SEMA Hall of Fame inductees: Richard “Dick” McMullen, Chuck Schwartz and Van Woodell. All industry professionals may attend the Installation Banquet & Gala Fundraiser. Tickets and details are available at www.sema.org/gala, or may be obtained from Lisa Moreno at email@example.com, 909/978-6684, ext. 6684.