Learn about developing and protecting your intellectual property (IP) rights in your products and business without the strain of legal jargon. During this webinar, top attorneys in the specialty-equipment market will answer your IP questions on issues that make an impact on your company. The attorneys are experts on patents, trademarks, trade secrets and copyrights and will dedicate the entire 60-minute panel discussion to answering your questions. You may even submit your questions in advance. Simply e-mail your query to email@example.com.
- Merritt R. Blakeslee, The Blakeslee Law Firm
- Steve Lustig, Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Robb Roby, Knobbe, Martens, Olson & Bear
- Stuart Gosswein, SEMA (Moderator)
Sample webinar questions will include:
- How do I develop a business plan to secure and enforce IP rights?
- What are the general costs for registering copyrights and trademarks, and obtaining patents?
- If someone violates my IP rights, how much will it cost to stop them?
- Are there tips for policing my IP without incurring huge fees?
- What’s the difference between an impermissible copy of a design patent and a fair-use?
- Does IP protection in the United States apply overseas?
- What are some things I can do to enforce my IP rights in foreign countries?
- Do I need to record my trademark and copyright with Customs? Can I record my patent with Customs?
- What if someone knocks off my product and puts their name on it?
- What can I do about gray market (unauthorized) sales of my product?
- How can I use the copyright laws to protect my specialty-equipment products?
- How do I protect the “look” of my products? What is the difference between a design patent and a trademark registration on the trade dress of my product?
- www.sema.org/intellectual-property-rights-guide: quick
IP primer covering the different types of intellectual property—utility patents (protecting functions); design patents (protecting
appearances); copyrights (protecting expressions); trademarks/trade
dress (protecting source identifiers); and trade secrets (e.g., secret
formulas, customer lists).
- 2008 Webinar "Developing Strategies to Protect Your
- Guide to Sourcing Products From China (and Other Countries)
- IPR Protection at the SEMA Show
Disclaimer: All questions must be generic in nature and must not
reference individuals, companies or actual circumstances. This webinar
is for general educational purposes only and is not intended to be, and
should not be, relied upon as legal advice or a recommended course of
action in any given situation.
Register: Learn more information about this webinar or sign up now. If you are unable to participate, this
webinar will be available to download the same day at the conclusion of
SEMA's Webinar Program:
The SEMA webinar program brings the world-class business seminars
featured during the SEMA Show right to your desktop. Different
business-building sessions are constantly added to the program,
offering members the latest insight and practices from today’s leading
All SEMA webinars are conducted live and are open to
all employees of SEMA-member companies free of charge. To participate,
all you need is a computer with Internet access and a telephone. All
previous SEMA webinars are available for download. Learn more about SEMA webinars and view upcoming presentations.