|Six states have passed legislation affecting lead weight usage. Tire dealers can learn about alternatives to lead wheel balancing material during a webinar presented by Modern Tire Dealer.|
Current legislation in California, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Vermont and Washington affects usage of lead weights, with more states to follow. Automotive tire dealerships are facing growing pressure to find alternative sources for wheel balancing material.
In a free, one-hour interactive webinar presented by Modern Tire Dealer, experts from 3M will discuss how recent legislation may impact tire dealers, and how to avoid penalties for non-compliance.
Tune in to “Lead-Free Wheel Weights: Legislative Impact and Solutions Live Webinar,” Wednesday, September 23, 11:00 a.m. (PDT)/2:00 p.m. (EDT). Follow this link to register for the webinar.
Key points that experts will address include:
- Responding to current and future wheel weight legislation
- Reducing environmental impact
- Substantially reducing inventory and floor space requirements
- Keeping wheels looking better longer
- Improving ride quality through precision balancing
- Greg Piserchia: leader for 3M's lead-free wheel weight product and manager of U.S. automotive sales and marketing operations. Ideally positioned to share solutions on the impacts of the legislation.
- Kyle Lasenby: Brings an engineer's perspective to wheel weight sales and marketing along with a wealth of experience in 3M product line marketing and business strategies.
- Scott Taylor: Responsible for new business and product development for 3M, with expertise in market analysis, technology requirements, and business strategy.
- Bob Ulrich (moderator): Editor of Modern Tire Dealer since 2000. Multiple award winner for editorial and feature writing, including seven gold medals from the International Automotive Media Competition.