As previously reported, SEMA has been involved in an ongoing effort to accommodate the tightened budgets of our member companies, and have met with Las Vegas hotels and jetBlue to negotiate reduced rates and other incentives for attendees of the 2008 SEMA Show.
“We have worked with all our service providers throughout the year to create the best rates possible,” said Chris Kersting, SEMA president and CEO. “Given the current economic climate, it has become increasingly important to ensure that the Show delivers the best value possible.”
The results of these efforts include reduced room rates and incentives at the following hotels:
- Palms Place: rate reduced from $245 to $199
- Platinum: rate reduced from $199 to $189
- Signature at MGM: $245 rate reduced to $199
- Excalibur: $131 rate to a tiered rate of $89, $99, $119; $159 rate reduced to $139
- Mirage: tiered rate of $209 to $239 is now reduced to a tiered rate of $175 and $209
- Gold Coast: $138 rate to a tiered rate of $57, $66, $104; $88 rate reduced to $57
- Hilton: 2-for-1 buffet coupon, 2-for-1 drink in the Tempo Lounge and $10 in free casino play
- Circus Circus: one free buffet dinner and $25 in free casino play
- MGM Grand: $25 bar/restaurant credit, 2-for-1 spa pass and 15% off spa services
- New York, New York: two welcome cocktails, 2-for-1 Il Fornaio breakfasts, $15 off of a spa treatment and 2-for-1 roller coaster ride
- Treasure Island: 15% off Mystere tickets
The reductions are retroactive and companies that have already booked accommodations for the Show will qualify for the new rates. Attendees with existing reservations will be contacted directly to facilitate necessary adjustments.
jetBlue has also announced that it will be offering Show attendees discounted round-trip airfare from any city in the United States to Las Vegas. The 5% discount is valid for outbound flights between October 29–November 7 and return flights November 2–9, and applies to flights reserved between now and November 4.
In order to receive the discount, all travel must be booked online.
Visit www.jetblue.com/promo, and enter promo code: SEMA08
Flights are capacity controlled, and any flight is entitled to the 5% discount as long as it fits the criteria outlined below.
All flights in a reservation must include valid routes and travel dates in order to receive a discount. If only one direction of travel is valid, please book your valid flight as a one-way trip using the promotional code, and the other segment as a one-way trip without the code.
Any changes to an itinerary booked with a promotional code will be subject to a change fee and any applicable increase in airfare, and it will also result in the removal of the discount.
Bookings may be cancelled, but will be subject to a cancellation fee. Other restrictions apply.
“We have gone to bat for SEMA members because we understand that dollars are tight right now,” said Kersting. “We expect to announce more incentives soon, but the best one of all continues to be the tremendous opportunity that the Show provides with the enormous gathering of buyers and manufacturers that will be in town.”
For more information and to register for the 2008 SEMA Show, visit www.SEMAShow.com.