With online voting being offered for the first time, SEMA is making it easier than ever for members to make their voices heard during the upcoming Board of Directors election.
“As owners, we must take the responsibility to participate in helping decide who will represent us in directing how SEMA’s resources are used,” said SEMA Chairman Jim Cozzie.
Historically, voter turnout is 12%–15% of the membership. To increase voter participation, SEMA is offering the option of voting online, in addition to the traditional paper ballot. The online voting process is secure and will be handled by BigPulse, a third-party online voting service.
"We're excited to be able to offer the online voting option for the first time this year," said Linda Czarkowski, SEMA vice president of finance and administration. "We're hoping that by offering this option we are able to increase membership participation. It's really important for the SEMA membership to participate in the election process."
Starting next week, the primary contact for each of the Manufacturers category and Distributor Retailer Services category will receive their ballots and booklets in the mail, as well as a letter from Jim Cozzie that will provide a link to the online voting site.
Whichever voting method members choose, ballots must be received by June 23, 2008. The ballot count will take place on June 26, 2008 at the SEMA office.
The candidates include:
Manufacturers (four open seats)
- Ron Funfar, President/COO of Hedman Hedders/Trans-Dapt
- BJ Leanse, North America Sales Manager of Big Country Truck Accessories
- Chris Thomson, Incumbent, National Sales Manager of AIRAID Filter Co.
- Mark Vogt, General Manager of Classic Industries
- Bill Wagner, Incumbent, Vice President Sales and Marketing of Winfield Consumer Products
- Tim Watts, Vice President Sales and Marketing of Superlift Suspension Systems
Distributor Retailer Services (three open seats)
- Ralph Accinno, Incumbent, President of Racers Equipment Warehouse
- Luanne Brown, CEO/President of eTool Developers
- Edward H Orzetti, President/CEO of Keystone Automotive Operations
- Bob Moore, President of Bob Moore & Partners
- Dan Smith, President of Capstone Financial Group
If you have any questions regarding the voting process, contact Christine Papavero at 909/396-0289, ext. 123 or email@example.com.
For all candidates’ statements and bios, click here: www.sema.org/main/semaorghome.aspx?id=59620.