With all of the political issues in Washington, D.C., it is vital that SEMA members demonstrate to lawmakers the importance of the $38-billion specialty-equipment industry. You can join in this effort by attending the SEMA Washington Rally on May 14–15 and connect face-to-face with your legislators on Capitol Hill. The deadline to register is next week, Thursday, May 1.
Scheduled events include:
- Opening Reception and Briefing Session. U.S. Senator Jon Tester of Montana, an avid auto enthusiast, will be the featured guest at the opening reception of the 2008 SEMA Washington Rally.
- One-on-One Meetings With Your Legislators. Meet face-to-face with your legislators to educate them on the issues that matter most to your business.
- Political Insider Session. Renowned Washington commentators Fred Barnes and Eleanor Clift will be the headliners for a lively debate on timely political issues, including the 2008 presidential election.
- Capitol Hill Reception. Businessman, philanthropist and respected NASCAR driver Kyle Petty will be the featured guest at a Congressional reception in Washington, D.C., celebrating the Victory Junction Gang Camp and the American motorsports industry.
- Tour of the U.S. Capitol and other opportunities to visit attractions in the nation’s capital.
The SEMA Washington Rally is exclusively for SEMA members and there is no charge to participate. For travel arrangements and room reservations, contact Manya Petropaki at the Travel Store at 949/930-9268.