The latest news from SEMA councils and committees:
Hot Rod Industry Alliance (HRIA)
- Manufacturers are invited to sign-up for time slots for the Hotrod & Restoration Education Day presented by the Hot Rod Industry Alliance (HRIA). Registration is now open exclusively to HRIA member companies. There are seven session times offered and five available sessions per hour. Participants must be exhibitors of the Hotrod & Restoration (HRR) trade show. The exclusive opportunity ends July 1, and registration will then be open to all HRR trade show exhibitors. For a registration form, click here.
More information on this educational opportunity contact SEMA, 909/396-0289 x134. or email@example.com
- HRIA Open General Membership Meeting
Thursday, July 12, 2007
3 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
Ohio Expo Center – Ohio Building
More SEMA council and committee news:
Automotive Restoration Market Organization (ARMO)
Light-Truck Accessory Alliance (LTAA)
- The DVD: “Why Paint Colors Vary?” This valuable resource is now available. LTAA members now have a valuable new tool that will help educate consumers about the challenges of the paint color-matching process. Available for dealers and installers to play in their waiting areas, the video is presented in a professional format and brings a consistent message on why paint colors vary. The LTAA “Why Paint Colors Vary?” DVD is available to LTAA council members free of charge (or $49.95 for non-LTAA members). Other tools available from LTAA are the CHMSL and altered-height CDs. For details or to place an order, contact Staci Perricone at 909/396-0289, ext. 104, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Motorsports Parts Manufacturers Council (MPMC)
- The 11th annual MPMC Media Trade Conference is set for Tuesday, January 22–Thursday, January 24, 2008, at the Embassy Suites Hotel LAX South in Los Angeles. For more information on the MPMC Media Trade Conference, contact Paul Moritz at email@example.com.
To learn more about the MPMC, visit www.sema.org/mpmc.
Manufacturers' Representatives Council (MRC)
- MRC members should mark their calendars for the following upcoming council activity:
2007 MRC Rep Conference
September 26–27, 2007
Professional Restylers Organization (PRO)
Sport-Compact Council (SCC)
- Tracie Nuñez, Advanced Clutch Technology, was elected chairman-elect of the SCC. Nuñez will start her role on July 1 when current chairman-elect, Eric Breslow, Power Slot/Power Performance Group, takes over as SCC chairman.
Wheel & Tire Council (WTC)
- George Gillespie, Safety Compliance Engineer responsible for OVSCs tire-related standards, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), delivered a presentation at the 2006 SEMA Show regarding NHTSA's enforcement activity relative to tires for passenger vehicles and trucks. Gillespie provided overview and status of the agency's recent initiatives to increase tire safety, including compliance and enforcement actions for Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (FMVSS No. 138) and passenger and light-truck tires (FMVSS No. 139). He also discussed the current increased enforcement to address concerns related to imported tires. SEMA members can now get a copy of Gillespie's PowerPoint presentation by contacting Paul Moritz at 909/396-0289, ext. 112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEMA Businesswomen's Network (SBN)
- Get expert advice on a business-related problem. The SEMA Mentoring program, powered by the SBN, is available to all employees of SEMA-member companies. Ask a one-time question or be matched with an established leader. Visit www.sema.org/mentoring for details.
To learn more about the SBN, visit www.sema.org/sbn.
Young Executives Network (YEN)
- The annual SEMA Show Silent Auction, hosted by the YEN, raised more than $70,000 for the SEMA Scholarship Fund in 2006. If you are interested in donating an item or becoming involved in the 2007 Silent Auction, visit the YEN website at www.sema.org/yen.
- YEN has more than 500 members networking in the industry and is the largest SEMA committee. If you are employed by a SEMA-member company and are under the age of 39, then you can join the YEN for free. If you are interested in becoming part of the team, visit the YEN website at www.sema.org/yen.
- Bianca Hennings, Window Canvas, was selected for the YEN Silent Auction Task Force Chairman. Hennings will assume the position when the current chairman, Dave Williams, Rampage Products, finishes his term with the YEN Select Committee in July. The SEMA Silent Auction, that is managed by the YEN, has raised more than $100,000 for the SEMA Scholarship Fund in the past three years. If you are interested in participating in the SEMA Silent Auction on any level, visit www.sema.org/yen for additional information.
- Did you know that YEN sponsors networking events and mixers at most of the major trade shows and conferences? If you are interested in becoming a member of the SEMA Young Executive’s Network, please visit our website at www.sema.org/yen.
- Lance Packard, Painless Performance, was elected YEN chairman-elect. Packard will assume the position when current chair-elect, Laurel Dasher, Uni-Marketing LLC, takes over as YEN chairman on July 1.
- Did you know that the YEN has a Member of the Month Spotlight on the SEMA website and that anyone can be nominated? To view previous selections or to make a nomination, visit our website at www.sema.org/yen.