STUDENT PROGRAM DATES & LOCATIONS
2017 SEMA Show
Education Days: October 30 - November 3, 2017
Exhibits: October 31 - November 3, 2017
Las Vegas Convention Center
Las Vegas, Nevada
2016 Performance Racing Industry (PRI) Show
Friday, December, 9th 2016
Indiana Convention Center
STUDENT PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
The Student Program offers educators and students the opportunity to attend the annual SEMA and PRI Trade Shows. This program is designed for qualified and motivated students. The primary objective is to provide unique learning experiences that integrate the student’s field of study with actual business and tradeshow opportunities in the automotive aftermarket and performance racing industries. Students who participate in this program will:
- Have an increased understanding of SEMA and PRI, their roles in the automotive aftermarket and performance industries and the market segments that make up the specialty equipment market.
- Gain awareness of the diversity and depth of the automotive aftermarket and performance racing market.
- Expand awareness of the SEMA Show and Automotive Aftermarket Industry Week (AAIW).
- Gain information about potential careers in the aftermarket and performance racing industries.
- Establish a network of key industry contacts and potential future employers.
SEMA SHOW STUDENT PROGRAM BENEFITS:
Complimentary Access to The SEMA Show: The premier automotive specialty products trade event in the world
Welcome Luncheon & Career Fair - NEW!
Career Services Resources: Connects students with employers and industry jobs. - NEW!
Education Partners Lunch: Where faculty and administration can openly discuss career and education opportunities.
Career Education: Designed to highlight employment opportunities in the automotive aftermarket.
SCRS Repair Driven Education (RDE): Full-Series Discount for Faculty and Students.
Exhibitor Host program: Allows students to work side-by-side with industry professionals.
Preferred Hotel Pricing at a SEMA designated hotel: Occupancy limited and determined on a first come, first serve basis (contact SEMA staff for more details) - NEW!
Free Access to SEMA Ignited: The official SEMA Show after party.
SEMA Show Education Days:Free business and professional development seminars.
PRI SHOW STUDENT PROGRAM BENEFITS:
Complimentary Access to The PRI Trade Show: the Epicenter Of New Racing Technology
Student Breakfast -With special guest speaker David Ragan
Career Education designed to highlight employment opportunities in the automotive aftermarket
SCHOOL OFFICIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Each school or college department is permitted to bring a maximum of fifteen (15) students.
- There must be one (1) school official in attendance for every five (5) students.
- Only one (1) school official may serve as the primary contact for each school and/or college department.
- The primary contact is responsible for registering the student group and fellow school officials accompanying the group.
- School officials must accompany students at the SEMA Show, PRI Show, and all show-related functions.
STUDENT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
While each institution should establish their own criteria for student selection, SEMA requires at a minimum, that all students meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Be enrolled full-time in accredited secondary, post-secondary degree or career technology certification programs.
- Be preparing for careers in the automotive industry.
- Be accompanied by school official(s) (i.e. professor, instructor, advisor or career counselor) while attending the SEMA/PRI Shows and SEMA/PRI Show-related functions.
- Be registered for the trade show by the primary school official/contact.*
* Per SEMA Show and PRI Show policy and the business-to-business nature of the SEMA and PRI “trade-only” shows, students are not eligible to register on their own and must be represented by their school.