College is expensive. SEMA can help. The SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund is dedicated to fostering the next generation of automotive aftermarket industry leaders and innovators. Scholarship awards range from $2,000 - $3,000, with $5,000 going to the top student. Assistance is available for career paths in the automotive industry in:
|Accounting||Engineering||Race Car Driver/Crew|
For Students attending Ohio Technical College (OTC): a full-year of tuition, valued up to $29,400, will be awarded to one student!
The SEMA Loan Forgiveness Program is dedicated to aiding recent graduates in getting off to a successful start in their automotive aftermarket career. We offer $2,000 awards toward outstanding student loans for individuals who are employed by SEMA member companies. Read more..
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
The current minimum eligibility requirements are as follows. A student must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen enrolled full-time in a program of study at an accredited university, college or post-secondary vocational/technical program located within the fifty (50) United States, at the time of application.
(Permanent/Legal residents and High School students are not eligible to apply.)
- If currently attending a four-year accredited university or college you must have completed a minimum of 50 credit hours OR
- If currently attending a two-year accredited community college or vocational/technical program you must have completed a minimum of 25 credit hours OR
- If currently attending an accredited automotive training certification program, you must have half of total curriculum requirements/classroom hours completed.
- If currently enrolled in a Master's, Post-baccalaureate or Doctorate degree program, provide unofficial transcripts showing evidence of full-time enrollment and current GPA. OR, provide unofficial transcripts from your bachelor’s degree showing final GPA, and proof of enrollment in/acceptance to a graduate degree program.
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Be pursuing studies leading to a career in the automotive industry or related field.
- Remain enrolled as a full-time student in the first academic term following receipt of the award.
Scholarship Application "To Do" List:
- Provide Unofficial College Transcripts
- Provide Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- From teachers, administrators or guidance counselors; those who are familiar with your academic performance. (Letters from family or friends will not be accepted.)
- Provide Two (2) 250-Word Essays in Response to the Following Questions:
a) Why do you want to pursue a career in the automotive aftermarket? What do you feel you can contribute to this industry?
b) The automotive aftermarket is driven by the passion of the people in it. What drives you? What inspires you? Why should you be awarded a SEMA Memorial Scholarship?
4. Provide Personal Background Information:
- Academic Activities
- Community Service
- Extracurricular Activities
- Automotive-Related Activities
- Honors and Awards
- Applicant Work Experience
- Military Experience
Questions? Please contact SEMA's education manager, Juliet Marshall, at 909.978.6655 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Automotive Scholarship Websites: