As the chairman of the Business Technology Committee and the SEMA Board of Directors member on point for the SEMA Data Pool initiative, I need your support to return to the Board so I can continue this important work.
The past two years that I have served on the SEMA Board have been highly productive from a business technology standpoint. We have made substantial progress toward establishing an industry data pool that will make high-quality catalog and product data more accessible to more businesses and with substantial savings. This project can and will expand our ability to sell our products to and through more outlets than any other initiative in SEMA history.
Over my 30-plus year career in the automotive aftermarket, I have been exposed to virtually every segment of this exciting business. The consulting company that I formed in 1996, now called J&B Service, has taken me “inside” dozens of manufacturers, distributors and retailers, giving me a unique perspective from “both sides of the street.” I write a monthly column called “Ahead of the Curve” for Aftermarket Business, which focuses on business issues that affect all of us.
I have participated in a variety of industry initiatives across the aftermarket:
- Member–SEMA Executive Committee
- Chairman–SEMA Business Technology Committee
- Chairman–SEMA Person of the Year Taskforce
- Editorial contributor to SEMA News
- Member–Performance Warehouse Association
- Member–SEMA PAC President’s Club
- Speaker at SEMA Educational Forums
- Member of the AAIA Technology Committee
- SEMA Ambassador
- Instructor for the University of the Aftermarket
- Recipient of Northwood University’s Aftermarket Education Award
My passion for the aftermarket industry today is stronger than ever. Representing you on the SEMA Board, my goal will be to help ensure a stable, prosperous business future for us all. Your vote will allow me to apply my passion to the realization of that goal. Thank you for the opportunity to re-introduce myself. I would appreciate your continued support!