By Katie Carson
The SEMA Members Lounge provides members with a place to connect, hold meetings, purchase food and beverages, and rest their feet. The SEMA Show is adding a second location in the Lower South Hall; be sure to add it as a stop on your Show schedule.
With the 2017 SEMA Show right around the corner, SEMA members are gearing up to make the most of the many opportunities the Show presents for professionals in the automotive aftermarket. The SEMA Show encompasses all facets of automotive aftermarket industry professionals in one place, year after year.
While at the Show, SEMA members are encouraged to take advantage of the extra perks available to them to make their experience that much more enjoyable and rewarding.
Create Lasting Connections
Take advantage of the many networking opportunities while at the SEMA Show this year. SEMA’s councils and networks hold multiple events throughout the week to allow members to connect and engage. SEMA’s councils represent the various niche markets within the automotive aftermarket industry, while the networks represent communities of automotive aftermarket professionals. Throughout SEMA Show week, there are eight evening networking receptions to choose from—or attend them all!
- Automotive Restoration Market Organization (ARMO): The ARMO reception will take place the evening of Tuesday, October 31, and is for automotive restoration professionals to gather together to network, enjoy food and beverages and celebrate leading professionals and companies in the automotive restoration segment.
- Hot Rod Industry Alliance (HRIA): The most anticipated hot-rod event in the industry, the HRIA reception will take place the evening of Wednesday, November 1. All hot-rod industry professionals are encouraged to attend and enjoy appetizers and beverages while networking with industry friends, celebrating great accomplishments and supporting the SEMA Cares children’s charity.
- Light Truck Accessory Alliance (LTAA): Professionals in the light-truck accessory industry gather at the annual LTAA reception, Wednesday, November 1, to catch up with industry friends in a relaxed environment with food, beverages, door prizes, pinewood races and more.
- Professional Restyler’s Organization (PRO): The restyling industry comes together Tuesday, October 31, to network while taking in the views from the pool deck of the Westgate Hotel. A live band will play hit music while attendees enjoy food and beverages. Later in the evening, top businesses and professionals in the restyling segment will be recognized.
- Wheel & Tire Council (WTC): If you spend most of your time at the SEMA Show in the Lower South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC), this reception is for you. Head over to the Renaissance Hotel after the Show closes, Tuesday, October 31, to network with fellow wheel and tire professionals and enjoy a relaxed atmosphere by the pool deck. The WTC will induct its next Hall of Fame member during the reception.
- Emerging Trends & Technology Network (ETTN): The ETTN holds its annual networking event at the SEMA Show. All automotive engineering and technical professionals are encouraged to attend to network and connect. The network recognizes the great strides that techno-charged professionals have made in the last year.
- SEMA Businesswomen’s Network (SBN): This reception is geared toward women professionals in the automotive aftermarket industry. Join the SBN after the close of the SEMA Show on Wednesday, November 1, for an evening of community, engagement and celebration.
- Young Executives Network (YEN): The YEN reception is geared toward young professionals under the age of 40. The event is highly anticipated and offers a place to connect over food and drinks, have fun, and celebrate leading young professionals with an awards ceremony.
Members Lounge Expanding to South Hall
SEMA members have access to the exclusive Members Lounge every day of the SEMA Show. The Members Lounge in the Upper North Hall of the LVCC is a convenient place to grab a hot or cold lunch, network with other SEMA members, hold meetings, access a computer with a printer and internet service, or charge your cell phone.
The Members Lounge will be open during Show hours. A hot lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m.–2:00 p.m. daily, and a cold Grab ‘N’ Go meal can be purchased at any time during Show hours.
To keep up with Members Lounge requests, the SEMA Show is adding a second lounge location in the eastern end of the Lower South Hall lobby. Take advantage of the Grab ‘N’ Go food options for purchase, hold a meeting, or network with other SEMA members. Be sure to add this new stop to your Show schedule.
MBR Program: Perks for Buyers
SEMA-member buyers gain additional perks at the SEMA Show through the Member Buyer Rewards (MBR) program. Special badges will be mailed out a few weeks leading up to the Show. MBR members can take advantage of the MBR lounge, located inside the main Member’s Lounge, where they can rest their feet, network with other members and enjoy complimentary water and coffee. MBR members should also be sure to take advantage of a dedicated taxi line to cut down on their wait time leaving the convention center at the end of each day.
Visit SEMA Staff in SEMA Central
Be sure to stop by SEMA Central, located in the grand lobby in Central Hall, to learn how you can maximize your SEMA membership. SEMA staff will be on hand during Show hours to walk you through the many benefits available.