SEMA Member News—November/December 2013
Launch Pad Is Here!
SEMA’s New Must-Attend Event
CarBuff Network LLC
The Muscle Car Place Podcast
Powered by SEMA’s Young Executive Network (YEN), Launch Pad is an unprecedented opportunity to promote new products and businesses run by YEN members.
This new competition offers innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs under the age of 40 an industry platform to showcase their business plans for marketing new automotive products or services.
The candidates have been narrowed down to a group of five, and the competition between the final candidates (with Jarod DeAnda, the Voice of Drift, as the master of ceremonies) will be held live at the SEMA Show on Thursday, November 7, from 9:00 a.m.–10:30 a.m. at the Vehicle Technology Center in the Grand Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The top five candidates shown in the accompanying photographs will give 10-minute business pitches to a panel of judges that includes Jim Liaw, president of Formula Drift; Doug Evans, executive vice president and group publisher for Source Interlink Media; Ronald L. Coleman, ownership partner, president and CEO of COMP Performance Group; Greg Adler, president and CEO of Transamerican Auto Parts; and Jeffrey Yapp, vice president of global automotive engineering and operations for UPS.
The candidates will be vying for the opportunity to win a grand-prize package that can help the winner’s business to the next level.
The package includes:
- A full-page, four-color ad in SEMA News magazine.
- A 10x10-ft. booth at the 2014 SEMA Show.
- Web consultation and development time from eTool Developers.
- Public relations and social media consultation from Kahn Media.
- Manufacturers’ rep consultation from the SEMA Manufacturer’s Representative Network.
- An ad in Hot Rod or 4-Wheel & Off-Road magazine from Source Interlink Media.
- Marketing, creative, design and/or production from Taylor Creative Company.
- An event-level sponsorship package to either a Family Events truck and off-road group property or a Family Events performance-car group property from Family Events.
- Consulting services that may include warehouse design/layout, inventory-optimization analysis and tech integration from UPS.
Be sure to watch the first SEMA Launch Pad finals at the 2013 SEMA Show to see who wows the judges with the winning presentation.