- Jul 02 2015
A Visit to the SEMA Association Center at the 2012 SEMA Show Can Boost Your Sales and Cut Your Costs!
SEMA Member News—November/December 2012
A Visit to the SEMA Association Center at the 2012 SEMA Show Can Boost Your Sales and Cut Your Costs
SEMA has many business resources and cost-saving programs available to members—perhaps even too many! As a matter of fact, the problem for many members is that there are so many benefits to choose from that it’s often difficult to know which apply to their company, so they don’t take full advantage of the opportunities. Whether your company is a manufacturer, a retailer, a jobber, a distributor, a rep firm or an installer, SEMA has tools available for you and your employees. To ensure that you’re making the most of your SEMA membership, visit the Association Center and talk with SEMA staff and representatives from each of SEMA’s member-benefit partners to find out which programs can help your company save money and which can help your company make more money.
Learn Which Programs Can Help You and Your Employees
In only a few minutes, you can learn from SEMA staff and member-benefit partners which programs are applicable to your company and how easy it is to take advantage of the resources. The following are just a few of SEMA’s business resources and solutions that you can learn about while at the SEMA Show:
- Shipping and Logistics (shipping solutions and services from UPS)
- Business Insurance (liability, property, workers’ compensation insurance and more from Specialty Equipment Insurance Alliance—SEIA)
- Merchant Credit-Card Program (CarCareONE Consumer financing program through GE Capital)
- Credit-Card Processing (discounted credit-card processing solutions with First Data)
- Rapid Prototyping Service (free member service that will decrease your product-development time; you pay only material costs)
- SEMA Classifieds (post ads for jobs, list resumes or list items for sale)
- Councils and Committees (members with a common business purpose or market segment)
- SEMA Research and Information (research reports such as Annual Market Study, Light Truck Reports, Trends and Forecast Reports
- Compact Performance Reports, Consumer Demand Index/PADI, Financial Benchmarking Program, International Research, Industry Focused Reports and more)
- SEMA Education Institute (SEI) Educational and Training Programs (professional development and training resources)
- Scholarships and Loan Forgiveness (offer your employees money for school)
- International Resources (includes International Market Reports, SEMA International Buyers’ Guide, consumer affairs and public relations and international support at domestic shows)
- OEM Relations and Programs (for manufacturing members only; hands-on access to new vehicles through Measuring Sessions and OEM-provided CAD/CAM drawings)
- Industry Communications (SEMA News and SEMA eNews)
Do You Need Meeting Space Off the Show Floor?
If you need a place to meet with a small group (10 or fewer) while at the SEMA Show, the SEMA Members Lounge has meeting space available at no charge to member exhibitors and buyers. (Sorry, according to the Show rules, non-exhibiting manufacturers and members otherwise eligible to exhibit are not permitted to use the meeting rooms.) Reserve your meeting room prior to the Show. Sign-up sheets will be available in the SEMA Members Lounge, located in room N251 of the North Hall, upstairs from the Association Center.
The Members Lounge is a convenient place to grab a hot or cold lunch, network with other SEMA members, access a computer with a printer and Internet service or to charge your cell phone. The Members Lounge will be open on Monday, October 29, through Thursday, November 1, from 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m and Friday, November 2, from 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. Lunch will be available Tuesday through Friday from 11:30 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
If Your Company Is Not a SEMA Member Yet, Join at the Show and Receive Special Offers
If your company is not already a SEMA member, there are great reasons to join while at the 2012 SEMA Show. Be sure to stop by the SEMA Association Center and ask about the special incentives for first-time SEMA members that join at the Show. Need more reasons to join? Contact Monica Terlouw by phone at 909-978-6695 or via e-mail at monicat@SEMA.org to learn more.