SEMA Announces Board of Directors Election Results
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Della Domingo, firstname.lastname@example.org
SEMA ANNOUNCES BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION RESULTS
Diamond Bar, Calif. (June 17, 2011) - Nate Shelton of B&M Automotive Group has been elected chairman-elect of the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) and will join five newly elected Board members to help lead the association in the 2011–2012 term. Shelton will fill the position that was held for the past two years by Scooter Brothers of Comp Performance Group. Brothers begins serving his role as Chairman at the association’s summer board meeting in July. The newly elected Board volunteers include Tim Martin of K&N Engineering; Steve Wolcott of ProMedia LLC; Jim Chick of Bestop Inc.; J.R. Moore of Performance Warehouse; and Greg Adler of Transamerican Auto Parts.
“Scooter and Nate are both industry veterans who have proven track records for knowing and understanding what’s important and relevant to the industry,” said Chris Kersting, SEMA president and CEO. “We are fortunate to have such dedicated and knowledgeable volunteers leading the association.”
The 2011–2012 SEMA Board of Directors roster is as follows:
Chairman: Scooter Brothers,
Comp Performance Group
Chairman-Elect: Nate Shelton, B&M Automotive Group
Immediate Past Chairman: Rick Rollins, Rollins Performance Marketing/Consulting
- Greg Adler - CEO, Transamerican Auto Parts
- Joel Ayres - Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Bedslide/Tākit LLC
- Jeff Bates - Principal/Partner, Bob Cook Sales
- Jim Bingham - President & CEO, Winners Circle Speed & Custom Inc.
- Luanne Brown - President & CEO, eTool Developers LLC
- Jim Chick - Director, Sales & Marketing, Bestop Inc.
- Donnie Eatherly - President, P&E Distributors Inc.
- Ron Funfar - President & COO, Hedman Hedders/Trans-Dapt
- John Hotchkis - President, Hotchkis Performance LLC
- John Iannotte - NA Williams Company
- Myles Kovacs - President & Co-Founder, DUB Publishing Inc.
- Tim Martin - Vice President, K&N Engineering Inc.
- J.R. Moore - Director, Warehouse Operations, Performance Warehouse
- Bob Moore - President, J&B Service
- Adrian Murray - President, Painless Performance
- Ed Orzetti - President & CEO, Keystone Automotive Operations Inc.
- Mike Spagnola - President, Street Scene Equipment
- Chris Thomson - National Sales Manager, AIRAID Filter Company
- Tim Watts - Vice President Sales & Marketing, Superlift Suspension Systems
- Steve Wolcott - CEO, ProMedia LLC
- Van Woodell - President/Owner, Weathers Auto Supply
- Jeep Worthan - Vice President, Sales, Auto Meter
Dan Gresham of Coutant Capital will continue as secretary/treasurer for the Board, and Russ Deane of Trainum, Snowdon & Deane continues as general counsel.
“Our industry is always subject to change and challenge,” said Kersting. “This is a time when the industry’s association can prove extremely valuable. We appreciate the talented volunteers on the SEMA Board who have committed to help the industry with their service.”
The newly elected members will be recognized at the SEMA Installation Banquet & Gala Fundraiser, which takes place Friday, July 29, 2011, at the Renaissance Long Beach Hotel. Also during the event, outgoing Board members Laurel Dasher of Superchips, Zan Martin of Martin & Company Advertising, Tony Napoli of American Speed Centers, Doug Evans of Source Interlink Media and Ernie Silvers of Egge Machine Co. Inc. will be recognized and thanked for their substantial contributions to the industry, and a special tribute will be made as the late Gray Baskerville, Art Chrisman, Chris Economaki and John Towle are introduced as the 2011 SEMA Hall of Fame inductees.
Details and tickets are available at www.sema.org/LeadershipDays.
SEMA, the Specialty Equipment Market Association founded in 1963, represents the $28.6 billion specialty automotive industry of 6,461 member-companies. It is the authoritative source for research, data, trends and market growth information for the specialty auto parts industry. The industry provides appearance, performance, comfort, convenience and technology products for passenger and recreational vehicles. For more information, contact SEMA at 1575 S. Valley Vista Dr., Diamond Bar, CA 91765, tel: 909/978-6723, or visit www.sema.org or www.enjoythedrive.com.