What exactly do the council/network leaders do throughout their term? Very simply, the Select Committee is elected by the members of the council to serve a two-year term. They participate in monthly conference calls and meetings that are held at various trade events throughout the year. Each Select committee member volunteers for at least 20 hours throughout the year and some volunteer even more. Some share their experience and vision, others provide creative solutions to challenges our member companies are facing, and others get their hands dirty and get it done. Each Select Committee member is supported by their company in their MRN efforts and for that we say "thank you" to those companies!
Guiding the group's effort was the council's mission statement to provide market information, education and support to members concerning new and emerging trends. A handful of exciting objectives are being developed for the network. If you are passionate and have interest in being involved, there are plenty of opportunities to volunteer for a Task Force with a limited investment of time, but provides a great way to network and share your ideas. Please reach out to the Task Force Chair or Bryan Harrison, SEMA Sr. Manager of Networks at BryanH@sema.org if you want to participate or have comments.
Key Initiative #1: Communications Task Force
- Develop, solicit, and share relevant industry relevant content to membership, through:
- Content rich eBlasts
- SEMA News & Enews (encourage members to write articles)
- Develop strong social media presence.
Key Initiative #2: Community & Networking Task Force
- Increase and build rep community through:
- Identifying and communicating networking opportunities (Industry Event Calendar).
- Hosting a minimum of three (3) networking events annually. Explore regional, informal opportunities.
- Support Communications Task Force effort by helping to build an online community.
Key Initiative #3: Events & Education
- Provide membership with professional development opportunities, through:
- Communicating, encouraging, and incentivizing Reps to participate in selected SEI webinars.
- Build on the success of the RepMatch program.
For more information on how to join, please contact MRN's liaison, Bryan Harrison, SEMA Director of Networks at BryanH@sema.org or (909) 978-6691.