Program Key: SEMA
The deadline to complete the application is March 1, 2016.
Since 2004, SEMA has been dedicated to aiding recent graduates in getting off to a successful start in their aftermarket career. If selected, SEMA-member company employees will receive a minimum of $2,000 toward outstanding student loans, with a top applicant potentially receiving $5,000. SEMA Loan Forgiveness winners will be invited to attend the 2016 SEMA Show.
Loan Forgiveness Eligibility Requirements:
To be eligible, you must be an employee of a SEMA member-company and:
- Have completed a program of study at an accredited university, college, or vocational/technical program in the United States, with one of the following:
- Graduate level degree from an accredited university or college within the United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college within the United States
- Associates degree from an accredited community college within the United States or
- Certificate of program completion from an accredited vocational/technical college within the United States
- Have graduated with a minimum 2.5 grade point average
- Have a minimum of $2,000 in outstanding student loans
- Have a minimum of one year of full-time employment with a SEMA member-company by the application deadline of March 1, 2016.
Loan Forgiveness Application “To Do” List:
1. Provide unofficial college transcripts
2. Provide one (1) letter of recommendation:
- From an employer or an industry-employed mentor.
(Letter from a relative or friend will not be accepted.)
- The recommendation must be submitted online; a document may not be uploaded or mailed.
3. Provide two (2) 250-word essays in response to the following questions:
a) Why did you pursue a career in the automotive aftermarket? What do you feel you can contribute or are contributing to this industry?
b) The automotive aftermarket is driven by the passion of the people in it. What drives you? What inspires you? Why should you be awarded a SEMA loan forgiveness award?
4. Optional: You have the option to upload a drawing, sketch or other material that supports your application or helps to express your individuality.
5. Provide personal background information:
- Academic Activities
- Community Service
- Extracurricular Activities
- Automotive-Related Activities
- Honors and Awards
- Applicant Work Experience
- Military Experience
- Create a free account using your email address
- Select “Apply for a scholarship/award” at right side of “Home” page
- Enter program key SEMA
- Submit completed application by March 1, 2016
- You will be notified in June; if you are selected, the funds will be sent to your financial institution.
Questions? Please contact SEMA’s education manager, Juliet Marshall, at 909.978.6655 or firstname.lastname@example.org.