- Mar 26 2015
Loan Forgiveness Program
Since 2004, SEMA has been dedicated to aiding recent graduates in getting off to a successful start in their aftermarket career. If selected, SEMA-member company employees will receive a minimum of $2,000 toward outstanding student loans, with a top applicant potentially receiving $5,000.
Loan Forgiveness Eligibility Requirements:
To be eligible, you must be an employee of a SEMA member-company and:
- Have completed a program of study at an accredited university, college, or vocational/technical program within the United States, with one of the following:
- Graduate degree from an accredited university or college within the United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college within the United States
- Associates degree from an accredited community college within the United States or
- Certificate of program completion from an accredited vocational/technical college within the United States
- Have graduated with a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Have a minimum of $2,000 in outstanding student loans
- Have a minimum of one year of full-time employment with a SEMA member-company by the application deadline of April 1, 2015.
Loan Forgiveness Application "To Do" List:
- Provide Unofficial College Transcripts
- Provide Two (2) Letters of Recommendation:
- From employers, college professors, and/or industry-employed mentors.
- Letters should be addressed to the "SEMA Loan Forgiveness Program" and submitted on official letterhead.
- Provide Two (2) 250-Word Essays in Response to the Following Questions:
a) Why did you pursue a career in the automotive aftermarket? What do you feel you can contribute or are contributing to this industry?
b) The automotive aftermarket is driven by the passion of the people in it. What drives you? What inspires you? Why should you be awarded a SEMA loan forgiveness award?
4. Provide Personal Background Information:
- Academic Activities
- Community Service
- Extracurricular Activities
- Automotive-Related Activities
- Honors and Awards
- Applicant Work Experience
- Military Experience
To Get Started, Follow These Steps:
- Create a free account using your email address
- Select "Apply for a scholarship/award" at right side of home page
- Enter program key SEMA
- Submit completed application by April 1, 2015
- You will be notified in June; if you are selected, the funds will be sent to your financial institution.
Questions? Please contact SEMA's education manager, Juliet Marshall, at 909.978.6655 or email@example.com.
• Enter Program Key: SEMA
• Deadline: April 1, 2015