|Thank you for applying for a 2017 Loan Forgiveness award!
• Completed applications are currently under review
• Award announcements will be emailed the week of June 5, 2017
The 2018 SEMA Loan Forgiveness application will open on November 1, 2017
Since 2004, SEMA has been dedicated to aiding recent graduates in getting off to a successful start in their aftermarket career. If selected, SEMA-member company employees will receive a minimum of $2,000 toward outstanding student loans, with a top applicant potentially receiving $5,000. SEMA Loan Forgiveness winners will be invited to attend the 2016 SEMA Show.
Loan Forgiveness Eligibility Requirements:
To be eligible, you must be an employee of a SEMA member-company and:
- Have completed a program of study at an accredited university, college, or vocational/technical program in the United States, with one of the following:
- Graduate level degree from an accredited university or college within the United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college within the United States
- Associates degree from an accredited community college within the United States or
- Certificate of program completion from an accredited vocational/technical college within the United States
- Have graduated with a minimum 2.5 grade point average
- Have a minimum of $2,000 in outstanding student loans
- Have a minimum of one year of full-time employment with a SEMA member-company by the application deadline of March 1.
Loan Forgiveness Application Checklist:
1. Provide unofficial college transcripts
2. Request a minimum of one (1) online recommendation:
- From an employer or an industry-employed mentor.
(Letter from a relative or friend will not be accepted.)
- The recommendation must be submitted online; a document may not be uploaded or mailed.
3. Provide two (2) 250-word essays in response to the following questions:
a) Why did you choose to pursue a career in an automotive-related industry, and what contributions have you made to your business or industry?
b) What is your career vision in the coming decade? What contributions do you hope to make to the industry?
4. Optional: You have the option to upload a drawing, sketch or other material that supports your application or helps to express your individuality.
5. Provide personal background information:
- Academic Activities
- Community Service
- Extracurricular Activities
- Automotive-Related Activities
- Honors and Awards
- Applicant Work Experience
- Military Experience
Questions? Please contact SEMA Education at 909.378.4862 or SEMAEducation@sema.org.