From Restoration Marketplace and the ARMO vintage-vehicle display in Central Hall—the latter jointly shared with the Hot Rod Industry Alliance (HRIA)—to the council’s annual awards reception, membership meeting and Restoration Builder’s Panel, the Automotive Restoration Market Organization, and the industry it represents, were front and center throughout the SEMA Show.
To kick off the week on a celebratory note, more than 250 industry members gathered at the Westgate Resort & Casino on Tuesday evening of the SEMA Show to enjoy dinner, beverages and networking and to salute a vibrant industry segment at the ARMO Awards Reception. Emcee Tim Strange of Strange Motion Rod and Custom kicked off the festivities with the presentation of new product awards. Winners in the five award categories were previously finalized during ARMO’s Hot Products Showcase at Spring Carlisle.
- Drivetrain/Suspension/Brakes: The Right Stuff, 4-Wheel Disc Brake Conversion Kit
- Engine/Engine Compartment: Pypes Exhaust, Electric Cut-Out Kit
- Interior: Dakota Digital, 1967 – 1972 Chevrolet Truck RTX Gauge System
- Exterior Trim: Metro Molded Parts, SoffCapz Fastener Covers
- Accessories: Retro Manufacturing, Daytona Retro Radio
Next, it was time to offer up hearty congratulations to three industry leaders for their outstanding dedication and contributions to the restoration industry. JH Restoration took top honors as the ARMO Business of the Year. ARMO Person of the Year was awarded to Jim Menneto of Hemmings Motor News, and industry veteran Dennis Roberts was inducted into the ARMO Hall of Fame.