The seventh annual SEMA Launch Pad presented by YEN is excited to announce that the competition is accepting applications for new innovative automotive products/service from business entrepreneurs under age 40. As a reminder, you do not need to be a SEMA member to apply to competition and if chosen as one of the 15 semi-finalists the company receives a complimentary membership to SEMA (up to a $1000 value).
The SEMA Launch Pad is the premiere automotive business competition offering young innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs a platform at the largest automotive aftermarket B2B gathering-the SEMA Show in Las Vegas. Through this competition, applicants will be narrowed down to 15 semi-finalists who will be further narrowed down to 5 finalists via a social media voting campaign. The 5 finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their product to a panel of industry judges in front of a live audience competing to win the grand prize designed to advance their business.
Ready to learn more and apply? Click here.
2019 Prize Packages
GRAND PRIZE: 1 Winner
- The finalist, top ten and semi-finalist prizes plus:
- $10,000 to be used for the benefit of your business
- Turn-key Exhibit Space with Premium Placement at the 2019 SEMA Show*
- One full-page, four-color advertisement in SEMA News magazine
- Up to three hours of free custom scanning services at the SEMA Garage
- SEMA Manufacturers' Rep Network: Distribution/sales support consultation meeting
- One-year Tech Transfer Subscription (must qualify) New Prize for 2020!
FINALISTS PRIZE: 5 Competitors
- The top ten and semi-finalist prizes plus:
- Invitation to pitch at the Live Event for the grand prize held on Nov. 4, 2019.
- SEMA Data Co-op: 50% off supplier monthly membership fees for your first year (up to a maximum of 10 SKU’s). New Prize for 2020!
- One - ½ page, four color advertisement in SEMA News Magazine - New Prize for 2020!
- One Live Chat on YEN’s Facebook page talking about how you started the business and experience at Launch Pad. - New Prize for 2020!
TOP TEN: 10 participants
- The semi-finalist prizes plus:
- Complimentary 2019 SEMA Show "Kiosk" Booth*
- Two exhibitor passes to the SEMA Show
- Two tickets to the SEMA Banquet
- One-hour mentoring session with an industry leader
- Widespread awareness of your brand and business
SEMI-FINALISTS PRIZE: 15 participants
- One-year SEMA Membership.
- Complimentary registration to the 2019 Exhibitor Summit, 2 nights of hotel and meals at the event (June 18 & June 19)
- $500 award to be used toward flight cost to the 2019 Exhibitor Summit.
- License to use the SEMA-filmed pitch video on company marketing deliverables.
- Widespread awareness of your business through SEMA communication channels
- One-year SEMA Council Membership of your choice. - New Prize for 2020!
- One professional Launch Pad video to be hosted on the SEMA YouTube Channel. - New Prize for 2020!
*All taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize-winning company. Tax liability is based on the value of the prizes. All prize winners must complete a W-9 in order to receive a prize.
**No changes are permitted to the booth layout. Company does not accrue SEMA Show seniority points by reason of exhibiting at a 2019 SEMA Show “Kiosk” Booth in New Products Showcase Area or the “Turn-key” Exhibit Space with Premium Placement in the 2020 SEMA Show.
Please click here for Terms & Conditions