As the chairman of the SEMA Business Technology Committee and the Board member who has led the development SEMA Data Cooperative, I need your support to return me to the Board so I can be there at this critical junction and finish this important work.
The past four years that I have served on the SEMA Board have been incredibly productive from a business technology standpoint. We finally realized the dream of establishing an industry data pool that will make high-quality catalog and product data more accessible to all strata of the industry at a substantial savings. This project can and will do more to expand our ability to sell our products to and through more outlets than any other initiative in SEMA history.
Over my 30-plus year career in the automotive aftermarket, I have been exposed to virtually every segment of this exciting business. The consulting company that I formed in 1996 that is now called J&B Service has allowed me to be “inside” dozens of manufacturers, distributors and retailers, giving me a unique perspective from “all sides of the street.” I write a monthly column called “Ahead of the Curve” for Aftermarket Business, which focuses on business issues that affect us all.
I have participated in a variety of industry initiatives across the aftermarket:
• Recipient – SEMA Chairman’s Service Award
• Member – SEMA Executive Committee
• Chairman – SEMA Business Technology Committee
• Chairman – SEMA Person of the Year Taskforce
• Editorial contributor to SEMA News
• Member – Performance Warehouse Association
• Member – SEMA PAC President’s Club
• Speaker at SEMA Educational Forums
• Member of the AAIA Technology Committee
• Instructor for the University of the Aftermarket
• Recipient of Northwood University’s Aftermarket Education Award
My passion for the aftermarket industry grows stronger every day. Your vote will assure that my passion is translated into a strong representation of your needs on the SEMA Board, with a goal of assuring a stable, prosperous business future for us all. Thanks for the opportunity to re-introduce myself, and I would appreciate your continued support.