It is an honor to be chosen as a candidate for the SEMA Board of Directors. I would welcome the opportunity to once again serve the membership in these difficult political and economic times. During my 35 years in the industry, I have seen the business climate in similar conditions and feel we will come out of it even stronger. You can count on me to represent your interests, if I am fortunate enough to be elected.
I am the owner of Weathers Auto Supply, a regional WD located in central Virginia since 1980. Previously, I worked for a small 4WD shop in North Carolina. I have been an employee, an installer, a general manager and an owner of a truck and automotive-related business my entire career. I still enjoy the challenges of my business and going to work every day. My passion turned into my vocation; it doesn’t get any better than that.
- SEMA Board of Directors 1997–2003; 2007–2011
- Chair-Software Committee
- Executive Committee
- Rep of the Year Committee
- Chair-Person of the Year Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Governance Committee
- Data Pool Evaluation Task Force
- PRO council member and Board Liaison
- LTAA council member
- SEMA PAC founding member and President’s Club member
- PWA member, two-year term as President, 10 years Board of Directors
- Virginia Automotive Parts and Service Association
- Dinwiddie County Airport Authority Board of Directors.
- Yen Vanguard Award 2008
- LTAA Hall of Fame 2009
- SEMA Hall of Fame 2010
I enjoy anything with a motor, boating, golf, spending time with friends and family, traveling, and attempting to relax, which I do very poorly.
Over the years I have established great relationships with manufacturers, retailers, reps and competitors. I will work tirelessly to represent all segments of our industry. I would appreciate your vote.