- Oct 01 2015
Luanne Brown, 2010 Board of Directors Nominee
It’s a great honor to be recognized by your peers and especially so when being selected as a candidate to run again for a position on the SEMA Board of Directors. Thank you!
My professional career began in accounting with Sheraton Hotels, later moving to Media 1 Interactive as its business manager/CFO. I left the corporate world in 2001 to start eTool Developers LLC, an Internet marketing, training and business consulting company specializing in website and eCommerce solutions for the automotive aftermarket.
eTool Developers created the PWA University for the Performance Warehouse Association (PWA), a landmark online education and training vehicle for its members.
eTool Developers also developed the Performance Automotive Retailer (PAR) Locator, an online program to help consumers find local area retail shops for performance parts and services.
My industry involvement spans from 2002 to the present and includes but is not limited to the following:
- SEMA Board of Directors Member, 2008–present
- SBN Athena Award Recipient, 2007
- SEMA Member, SBN Member, since 2002; LTAA Member since 2007
- SEMA Businesswomen’s Network Chair, 2006–2007
- SEMA Businesswomen’s Network Chair-Elect, 2005–2006
- SEMA Business Technology Committee, since 2006
- SEMA Cares Committee, since 2009
- Wally Parks SEMA Hall of Fame Exhibit Task Force Member
- SEMA Mentoring Program Task Force Chair
- SEMA Show Speaker, 2002, 2003, 2008
- SEMA Internet Symposium Speaker, 2007–2009
- PWA Member, since 2002
- PWA Keynote Speaker, General Membership Meeting, 2009
- Aftermarket eForum Speaker, 2006, 2008
- AAIA Member, since 2007
If re-elected to the SEMA Board, I will continue to use my diverse industry experience and expertise in the areas of the Internet. In today’s economy, it’s more important than ever to help warehouse distributors, retailers and jobbers join together with manufacturers to distribute and sell products more efficiently. I take seriously SEMA’s mission to help our member companies grow and prosper! With your vote and my experience, I firmly believe we can help prepare your company for a successful and prosperous future in the automotive aftermarket.
Candidates Bios and Photos
- Ron Funfar, Hedman Hedders/Trans-Dapt (incumbent)
- John Hotchkis, Hotchkis Performance LLC
- Myles Kovacs, DUB Publishing Inc.
- B.J. Leanse, Big Country Truck Accessories (incumbent)
- Adrian Murray, Painless Performance
- Ernie Silvers, Egge Machine Company, Inc.
- Chris Thomson, AIRAID Filter Co. (incumbent)
- Tim Watts, Superlift Suspension Systems (incumbent)
- Bob West, Westin Automotive Products, Inc.