I count it an honor and a privilege to have been nominated for this SEMA Board position. I look forward to serving in any capacity where my time, talents and 36 years of industry experience can be of use.
Over the last 10 years, the N.A. Williams Co. has been very supportive of my efforts and willingness to work closer with SEMA. As vice president of the Performance/Accessory Division–N.A. Williams Co., I have had the unique opportunity to see how other segments of the market are performing and transitioning and use this for additional guidance in our segment.
Starting as a service rep in the field in 1974, I learned quickly the importance of jobber pull-through for the warehouse distributor and manufacturer—balancing my efforts to be most effective for all concerned.
I have been blessed with caring mentors, such as Bob Barker, Jim Vaughn and Herb Goldstein, to name a few. I, too, have strived to be a type of mentor that our industry needs by promoting education and training as a top priority. I feel our industry needs to attract and assist more young energetic professionals into our ranks.
Our industry has given me some very rewarding experiences and opportunities:
- 1997 SEMA Rep Agency of the Year
- SEMA Manufacturers’ Rep Council (MRC) Select Committee
- Co-Chair, and Chairman of the SEMA MRC (one term each)
- Manufacturers Rep Education Research foundation (MRERF)–Certified Professional Manufacturers Rep (CPMR)–three-year accredited program
- ASE A-6 and SEMA Certifications
- SEMA Washington Rally (last four events)
- Original member of LEDFOOT…“The Industry Band”
- Current Performance Warehouse Association (PWA)/SEMA MRC Liaison
I would like to thank the Lord, my wife and family for their continued support of my SEMA efforts. Your support of this opportunity for me to serve further will be greatly appreciated.