- Dec 05 2013
- Dec 05 2013
SEMA Show Student Program
DATES & LOCATION
2013 SEMA Show
Education Days: November 4 - November 8, 2013
Exhibits: November 5 - November 8, 2013
Las Vegas Convention Center
Las Vegas, Nevada
The SEMA Show Student Program offers educators and students the opportunity to attend the annual SEMA Show. The program is designed for "qualified and motivated students." The primary objective is to provide unique learning experiences that integrate the student's field of study with actual business and tradeshow opportunities in the automotive aftermarket industry. Students who participate in this program will:
- Have an increased understanding of SEMA, its role in the automotive aftermarket industry and the market segments that make up the specialty equipment market.
- Gain awareness of the diversity and depth of the automotive aftermarket.
- Expand awareness of the SEMA Show and Automotive Aftermarket Industry Week (AAIW).
- Gain information about potential careers in the aftermarket industry.
- Establish a network of key industry contacts and potential future employers.
- Complimentary show badges for approved faculty and students; $25 savings per person.
- Student & Faculty Welcome Luncheon
- Behind-the-Scenes SEMA Show floor tours
- Gear-Up Girl Networking event, Powered by SEMA Businesswomen's Network (SBN)
- SCRS Repairer Driven Education: $50 Full-Series student/faculty pass; $250/person savings.
- Exhibitor-Student "Host" Program: spend a full or half-day with a participating SEMA member-company, Exhibitor, Industry representative or SEMA-sponsored area while at the SEMA Show.
- SEMA-Education Partner Luncheon: SEMA Staff and Faculty member networking
- SEMA Show Education Days: Free Seminars and Vehicle Technology Briefings.
- Senior Student Walk: exhibitor introductions to graduating seniors and graduate students
STUDENT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
While each institution should establish their own criteria for student selection, SEMA requires at a minimum, that all students:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (as a sophomore or higher in class standing) at a university, college or vocational technology school.
- Be preparing for a career in the automotive industry.
- Be accompanied by a school official (i.e. administrator, professor, instructor, advisor) while attending the show and show-related functions.
SCHOOL OFFICIAL REQUIREMENTS & INFORMATION
- Must accompany students at the SEMA Show and show-related functions.
- Serve as the primary contact for the participating school.
- Responsible for registering each student with SEMA Staff / Student Program Contact.
- Adhere to a ratio of 1 school official / per 5 students; maximum of 15 students per school.
- Participation is limited to the first 200 registrants.
- Required to attend the Student & Faculty Welcome Luncheon on Monday, November 4, 2013.
- Show badges will be issued at the Luncheon.
- Discounts on Travel & Hotel accommodations: www.SEMAshow.com/travel-and-lodging.
SEMA MEMBER AND EXHIBITOR COMPANIES: STUDENT "HOST" PROGRAM
The SEMA Show Student Program offers principals of SEMA Member and SEMA Show exhibitor companies with an excellent opportunity to interact with the future workforce of the automotive aftermarket. Participating students represent some of the brightest and most promising individuals who seek, or will soon be seeking, careers in this industry.
We invite you to personally connect with students while you are at the show by giving them the opportunity to work alongside you and your team. Depending on the length of time that students will be attending the Show, and the number of companies that participate in the program, most students will be given the opportunity to spend quality time with a SEMA Show exhibitor and/or SEMA Member company. Every effort will be made to assign students to companies that closely correspond to the individual's field of study or personal interests. However, SEMA does not guarantee that all placements will correspond to each request.
To register your company for the Student "Host" Program, please click here.
STUDENT PROGRAM TESTIMONIALS
"SEMA is the greatest experience ever for someone wanting to get into the automotive aftermarket field. It is really an eye opener to the different career paths available in the automotive aftermarket industry." - Christopher M. Harubin, Undergraduate, University of Northwestern Ohio
"The SEMA Show Student Program provided me with an exceptional opportunity to network with key industry leaders and establish potential relationships for future business opportunities. Thank You SEMA for this one-of-a-kind experience!" - Daniel Lind, Master's Program, Clemson University ICAR
"Two of the nine students that attended had job offers from working with a vendor at their display booth. In fact, one of the offers is a chance of a life time since it is an opportunity with the racing industry. The other seven students made several contacts with companies who just made positions for them upon graduation. Thank you SEMA for coordinating this program and the arrangement of students to meet with so many different industry entities." - Troy Spratling, Master of Education, BYU-Idaho
"The SEMA Show Student Program helped me get to know how the business side of the industry works. As a business (Accounting & Finance) major, I was able to observe how real world business is conducted at the trade show. This is a very important factor about the show that many people do not get to see otherwise." - Cuong Pham, Undergraduate, California State University, San Bernardino
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER YOUR SCHOOL, PLEASE CONTACT: