Top 10 Stories From Our Archives
OMIX/Rugged Ridge Announce Speakers and Case Studies for SEMA Show Business Seminars
Artist rendering of Crush Recovery. Photo: Keg Digital Garage
Jeep Builder Dave Doetsch with ’12 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4x4 prior to its transformation as Crush Recovery. Photo: Dave Doetsch
Following its recent announcement of the new Off-Road Success Center at the 2012 SEMA Show, OMIX/Rugged Ridge has named the cast of speakers and case studies it will feature as part of the company’s twice-daily expert business seminar series. Seven new seminars are open to all dealers, jobbers, installers and other specialty-equipment industry business owners or managers interested in learning proven business concepts and practices for success in the Jeep and off-road lifestyle market.
Located in booth #30147 in the Upper South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center where other truck, SUV and off-road equipment is showcased, each seminar is free of charge. Seminars will be facilitated by OMIX leadership and led by industry experts, who will share best practices, tips and tricks for maximizing sales, marketing and operational strategies within the aftermarket industry. Planned seminars, speakers and case studies will include:
- Social Media: Find, Connect and Engage Customers – Build relevant content and consumer advocates to achieve greater success. (Tuesday, October 30, at 10:00 a.m.) Social media is here to stay, and it is changing the way we communicate and interact with consumers. Learn how to leverage a strategy and use the tools to effectively become more successful and relevant in the market. Facilitated by OMIX Chief Marketing Officer Sue Otten, featuring the social-media case study of legendary off-road enthusiast Dave Doetsch, builder of award-winning Jeepzilla and Black Widow, with online marketing expert, William Leake, CEO of Apogee Results. Doetsch also will publicly unveil his latest project, "Crush Recovery," at the OMIX/Rugged Ridge Off-Road Success Center.
- Dealerships Dealt a Winning Hand – How Jeep and truck dealerships win profit in the aftermarket. (Tuesday, October 30, at 2:00 p.m.) Imagine creating increased consumer pull onto your lot and converting a higher-profit sale. Learn how to use aftermarket accessories to ignite the enthusiast in your customers, pulling them to your showroom and enjoying increased sales and profits. Facilitated by OMIX Business Development expert Ray Weaver with case-study testimonials by Galen Fleming, executive director of fixed operations with the Adams Auto Group—a leading Jeep dealership in aftermarket sales.
- Data Is the Engine – How to obtain, understand and simplify the loading of effective product data. (Wednesday, October 31, at 10:00 a.m.) Are you frustrated with missing, inconsistent, or ineffective product data? Imagine having a process that reduced the amount of time spent cleaning and loading product information. Learn how to simplify your team’s understanding of data, implement seamless load processes and grow sales through clear product communication for your consumers. Facilitated by OMIX Director of Purchasing Gonzalo Manotas and led by CEO of the SEMA Data Co-op Jon Wyly, with case study examples presented by Bob Castle, vice president eBusiness and IT, SEMA Data Co-op.
- Dare to Dream – Use your passion to increase sales in the Jeep and off-road market. (Wednesday, October 31, at 2:00 p.m.) Leveraging personal strengths, interests and passion is a formula for success, especially in the growing Jeep and off-road market. No matter how you approach the market, via online, mail-order/catalog, as an installer, storefront or dealership, success can be achieved. Hear OMIX Founder and President Al Azadi’s personal story and learn how you can leverage your own expertise to a higher degree from business with expert advice and proven success stories from entrepreneur coach Jack Roseman, director, The Roseman Institute LLC.
- CA$H, the Fuel of Your Business – How to effectively create cash from your operations. (Thursday, November 1, at 10:00 a.m.) Imagine having a surplus of cash to drive your business. Put this presentation on your SEMA Show schedule now because OMIX and its experts will teach you how to create positive cash flow. You will also learn a new, simple and effective growth model that will amplify cash creation. Facilitated by OMIX General Manager Brandon Seadorf with key speakers, including Gene McNaughton, president of Business Breakthroughs International, and Joal Little, U.S. marketing manager at UPS.
- Bricks vs. Clicks – How do brick-and-mortar stores profitably compete with online retailers? (Thursday, November 1, at 2:00 p.m.) Does your blood boil when your customer says, ‘But I can get it cheaper online?’ Learn tips and tools to successfully complete each sale without compromising margins while building customer loyalty. Learn to identify, effectively communicate and capitalize on the great value you offer that no website can. Personal relationships, trust and technical know-how still rule. Facilitated by OMIX Business Development Manager Steve Trudeau with retail operations expert Steve Schmidt, vice president of operations and general manager of Surge Communications LLC—a T-Mobile premium retailer, with case study presented by Thomas Pickett, owner of Tom’s 4x4 Superstore in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Recession-Proof Your Truck Business – Lifestyle Sells! (Friday, November 2, at 10:00 a.m.) The recent recession has proven a challenge for the industry. Learn how to diversify your truck business and cash in on the passion of Jeep and off-road enthusiasts. Facilitated by OMIX National Sales Manager Pat Johnson and presented by SEMA Senior Manager of Market Research Gavin Knapp.