Top 10 Stories From Our Archives
Tech Transfer Update: New GM Files for G8, Camaro ZL1, Corvette ZR1 and More
CAD files for seven GM vehicles have been added to SEMA Tech Transfer,
further enhancing the data-sharing program that features thousands of files
from participating OEMs—Chrysler, Ford, GM and Scion.
Tech Transfer is a collaboration between SEMA members, OEMs and SEMA staff, and the intent of the program is to minimize or eliminate the necessity for reverse engineering.
New files are added weekly, and the amount of files and data available is fueled by requests made by SEMA manufacturing members. Here are the latest files added this week:
New CAD files for the Cadillac CTS and SRX, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 and Corvette ZR1, GMC Terrain and more have been added to the SEMA Tech Transfer Program.
- 2008 Fuel Pump Feed Pipe Assembly - GT
- 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP Fuel Tank Assembly
- 2009 Pontiac G8 Fuel Tank Assembly - GT
- 2011 Rear Fascia Assembly
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
- 2011 Front Bumper Splitter Assembly
- 2012 Fuel Sender Pipe Assembly
- 2011 Air Intake Assembly - 3.0L (LF1)
- 2012 Wheels and Tire Assembly 20"
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
- 2012 Fuel Injector Assembly
- 2013 Front and Rear Wheel - Knuckle Assembly (ECO)
To gain access to the files listed above, e-mail email@example.com and make a request. Looking for additional files? Check out all that Tech Transfer has to offer by visiting www.SEMA.org/techtransfer.
In addition to SEMA Tech Transfer, the association also provides rapid prototype services as a benefit to SEMA members. This service is available to create ABS plastic prototypes of company designs at a reduced rate available only to SEMA members.