Top 10 Stories From Our Archives
Attention Builders: Ford Project-Vehicle Proposals Due March 1
|Ford project-vehicle requests require two components: an e-mail project summary (due February 21, 2012) and a detailed written proposal (due March 1, 2012).
Ford Motor Co. has announced its Ford and Lincoln project-vehicle program for 2012. The automaker requests that project-vehicle proposals be submitted in two parts, and that all proposals meet the Ford Aftermarket Project Vehicle Program Criteria outlined below.
For more information, contact Sherry Kollien or Mike Nicopolis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2012 Ford and Lincoln Project Vehicle Program
Proposal Submission Deadline: March 1, 2012
Award Recipient Notification Date: May 1, 2012
Submit your project-vehicle request in two parts.
E-mail one-page project summary: Must be received by February 21, 2012.
Include bullet points for:
- Vehicle modifications
- New product development
- Promotional plan
- Vehicle display location at the 2012 SEMA Show
Mail detailed project proposal: Must be received by March 1, 2012.
- Include details supporting the one-page Project Summary on company letterhead, a color rendering, and past project-vehicle examples.
- Information on Ford vehicles is available at: www.ford.com
- Information on Lincoln vehicles is available at: www.lincoln.com
FORD AFTERMARKET PROJECT VEHICLE PROGRAM CRITERIA
Aftermarket companies requesting vehicles should be:
- Manufacturers or designers/restylers dedicated to supporting new product development
- Financially capable and willing to spend promotional dollars
- Actively promoting the vehicle with their product(s) through an established marketing plan
- Current SEMA member
Aftermarket companies receiving project vehicles must:
- Feature the vehicle in a booth at the 2012 Las Vegas SEMA Show
- Register and keep the vehicle in their company name during the entire contract period
- Purchase and maintain $3M in General Liability Insurance and $1M in Vehicle Insurance
- Commit to feature the vehicle with the Ford/Lincoln logos intact and visible
- Order a California-certified vehicle if they intend to register or use the vehicle primarily in California or any other state that has adopted California emissions standards. Failure to do so may be subject to a state fine.
- Make vehicles available to Ford or its dealers for display, at the owner's discretion
- Submit written quarterly status reports for a period of 18 months, as specified in the contract, stating:
- Product development
- Modifications to the vehicle
- Events (including dates, location and type of event)
- Media exposure (originals or color copies)
- Company advertising featuring vehicle
- Additional exposure
- A copy of current vehicle registration
- E-mail, disc or fax reports will not be accepted
2012 Ford and Lincoln Project Vehicle Program Highlights
The Ford booth at the 2012 SEMA Show will highlight the following vehicles in addition to Ford's existing lineup. The provided links allow you to research these newly announced products for images that may be used for your proposal rendering. Visit www.ford.com or www.lincoln.com.
2013 Ford Fusion – New Vehicle for 2013 MY
- Revealed in North America as the midsize Fusion sedan, this all-new car signals the next-generation Ford Mondeo for world markets.
- With seven technologies, including a Lane Keeping System, adaptive cruise control, active park assist and MyFord Touch, the all-new Ford Fusion shows how Ford is delivering features customers truly want and value.
2013 Ford Mustang – Updated for 2013 MY
- Gets even more street swagger with a new design and a list of smart features that signal even more technology in the popular pony car.
- New exterior design with more prominent grille, new hood and new LED signature lighting give the latest Mustang a high-tech look.
2013 Ford Taurus – Updated for 2013 MY
- The new Ford Taurus is even more refined with better fuel economy, more technology, improved craftsmanship, enhanced design and sharpened driving dynamics.
- Expected to deliver best-in-class fuel efficiency—at least 31 mpg highway—with the new 2.0L EcoBoost engine, while delivering horsepower comparable to competitive, normally aspirated V6 offerings.
2013 Ford Escape – New Vehicle for 2013 MY
- The all-new Ford Escape brings America's SUV-loving customers versatility, technology and highway fuel economy all wrapped in a modern design.
- Features new hands-free technology, including a liftgate with motion-sensing technology and upgraded MyFord Touch system that makes connecting with digital devices on the go even easier.
- New Escape’s projected fuel economy is up to 5 mpg better than outgoing Escape; 1.6- and 2.0L EcoBoost engines save customers fuel and money.
2013 Ford Flex – Updated for 2013 MY
- Fans of the Ford Flex have even more to love this year with an upgraded model with a sleek new look and even more technology to make driving safer, easier and more fuel-efficient.
- Flex features the latest MyFord Touch system, new safety and driver-aid features, such as adaptive cruise control, Ford’s Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) as well as push-button start, rear inflatable belts, rain-sensing wipers and active park assist.
2013 Lincoln MKS – Updated for 2013 MY
- The full-size Lincoln MKS sports an updated, sleeker style for 2013 that headlines a range of improvements that rivals more expensive luxury-class contenders.
- Features better handling, increased power, improved fuel efficiency, additional standard equipment, more refinement and new technologies that help drivers reduce accident risks.
Lincoln MKZ – New Vehicle
- The MKZ Concept strongly hints at the production model as well as Lincoln’s design future. For a high-resolution image of the MKZ Concept that may be used for your proposal rendering, contact email@example.com.
Please submit Ford and Lincoln proposals to:
Ford Motor Company
21175 Oakwood Blvd., PDCDC MD579
Dearborn, MI 48124
Attn: Sherry Kollien & Mike Nicopolis