- Aug 28 2014
PRO Code of Recommended Business Practices for Accessory Warehouse Distributors
In its efforts to achieve the highest level of professionalism throughout the aftermarket restyling industry, and foster confidence in the industry’s products and services, the Professional Restylers Organization (PRO), a council of the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA), has adopted the following voluntary Code of Recommended Business Practices for accessory warehouse distributors:
- The company sells warranted products and offers a mechanism to address warranty issues.
- The company employs a staff of knowledgeable sales professionals.
- The company endeavors to maintain a professional image and to achieve customer satisfaction.
- The company strives to provide replacement parts, installation instructions and technical assistance to its customers.
- The company makes manufacturers’ literature available to its customers and promotes manufacturers’ products.
- The company has an active quality assurance program aimed at ensuring customer-service and billing accuracy.
- The company strives to maintain an adequate product inventory and to ship products in a timely and accurate manner.
- The company has a written returned-goods policy.
- The company has adequate product liability coverage.
- The company supports and promotes SEMA’s council policies and the SEMA Installer Certification Program.
- The company abides by all federal, state and local laws and regulations.