DATES & LOCATION
2014 SEMA Show
Education Days: November 3 - November 7, 2014
Exhibits: November 4 - November 7, 2014
Las Vegas Convention Center
Las Vegas, Nevada
The SEMA Show Student Program offers educators and students the opportunity to attend the annual SEMA Show. The program is designed for “qualified and motivated students.” The primary objective is to provide unique learning experiences that integrate the student’s field of study with actual business and tradeshow opportunities in the automotive aftermarket industry. Students who participate in this program will:
- Have an increased understanding of SEMA, its role in the automotive aftermarket industry and the market segments that make up the specialty equipment market.
- Gain awareness of the diversity and depth of the automotive aftermarket.
- Expand awareness of the SEMA Show and Automotive Aftermarket Industry Week (AAIW).
- Gain information about potential careers in the aftermarket industry.
- Establish a network of key industry contacts and potential future employers.
Click here to view the 2014 SEMA Show Student Program orientation video & presentation!
Monday, November 3, 2014 – LVCC:
- Student Welcome Luncheon
- Behind-the-Scenes SEMA Show floor tours
- Gear-Up Girl Networking event
Tuesday, November 4, 2014 – LVCC:
- SEMA-Education Partner Luncheon
Complimentary show badges: for approved faculty and students; $25 savings per person.
Exhibitor-Student “Volunteer” Program: Selected students can spend a full or half-day, Tuesday-Thursday, with participating SEMA member-companies, Exhibitors, Industry or SEMA staff at the Show.
SEMA Show Education Days: free Seminars and Vehicle Technology Briefings.
SCRS Repairer Driven Education: $50 Full-Series student/faculty pass; $250 savings per person.
STUDENT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
While each institution should establish their own criteria for student selection, SEMA requires at a minimum, that all students must adhere to the following:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (as a sophomore or higher in class standing) at a university, college or vocational technology school.
- Be preparing for a career in the automotive industry.
- Be accompanied by a school official (i.e. administrator, professor, instructor, advisor) while attending the show and show-related functions.
- Bring hard copies resume and/or business cards. Students will have the opportunity to distribute as many as 50 per day at the show.
- May not consume alcohol at the SEMA Show or any show-related activities.
- Professional conduct, appearance and business casual attire at all times.
- Required dress code includes:
a. Collared short or long-sleeve shirts, tucked in at all times.
b. Collared shirts with school logos are preferred, but not required.
c. Long black, navy blue or tan pants.
d. Closed-toed shoes.
e. NOT allowed: Hats, baseball caps, t-shirts, jeans, shorts, open-toed shoes.
- Responsible for own expenses (travel, hotel, meals, transportation, etc.).
- Failure to comply with program requirements may result in show badges being revoked.
SCHOOL OFFICIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must accompany students at the SEMA Show and show-related functions.
- Serve as the primary contact for the participating school.
- Adhere to a ratio of 5 students per 1 school official:
a. Maximum of 15 students per school.
b. Participation is limited to the first 200 registrants.
- Provide the following information for each student:
a. Student’s name, age, graduation date, field of study, interests and email address
b. Students volunteering for Student “Host” Program must provide cell phone numbers
- Required to attend the Student & Faculty Welcome Luncheon on Monday, Nov. 3, 2014.
a. Show badges will be issued to the primary contact at the Luncheon.
- Provide contact information and cell phone number for each school official in attendance.
- Business casual attire is required: collared shirts with school logo are preferred.
- Reservations for Hotel accommodations: www.SEMAshow.com/travel-and-lodging
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER, PLEASE CONTACT: