- Oct 16 2014
Make Sure You’re Connected With SEMA
SEMA Member News—September/October 2012
Make Sure You’re Connected With SEMA
|Employees of SEMA-member businesses can view their company’s listing. Members are encouraged to keep their profiles and staff listings up-to-date.|
Why Does SEMA Need Updated Information?
If your company is a SEMA member, be sure that SEMA has your correct company information.
The online member directory contains listings of all SEMA-member companies. Each listing includes a company description, address, phone number, website, company e-mail address and list of company employees.
The need to have updated company contact information is obvious, but you might ask yourself why it’s important to make sure that SEMA has a current list of company employees. Here’s why:
- All employees of SEMA-member companies are entitled to utilize SEMA’s member benefits. By having an e-mail address for every employee, SEMA can provide a log-in name and password to allow employees to access member-only benefits, such as free research, education and webinars.
- In addition to being listed on www.SEMA.org, employees can be contacted through their MySEMA accounts by potential customers and other industry professionals.
- Keeping your staff list up-to-date ensures that key staff are receiving important industry information and updates, and reduces the amount of unnecessary communications to people who are no longer with the company.
What Information Should I Provide?
As a member, it’s important that you are aware of what company information is being displayed to others. To view your listing, go to www.SEMA.org/directory and locate your company. Be sure to review your company name, address, phone number, website and company e-mail address for accuracy.
- Company Name: The doing-business-as (DBA) name that you are currently using.
- Company Contact Information: Company address, company phone and company e-mail that will be displayed in the online SEMA Membership Directory year-round on www.SEMA.org as well as in the printed SEMA Membership Directory.
- Company Description (in 400 characters or less): The description should concisely describe to prospective customers your company’s products and/or services.
- Company Website: If you have more than one website, be sure to list your company’s primary website.
- Employees’ Titles: This helps SEMA to deliver content-specific information to the appropriate person(s) based on their position and job function within the company. This will also improve SEMA’s communication efficiency and will minimize the number of e-mails being sent to individuals who are no longer with the company.
How Can I Update My Company’s Information?
The person(s) listed under “Company Contact” on the bottom right of your company’s online directory listing has the ability to make updates to your company profile, including adding and removing employees from your company’s record. For details on updating your company profile, visit www.SEMA.org/faq.
For additional assistance with updating your company’s information, contact membership specialist Timothy Johnson at 909-978-6685 or email@example.com.
Would You Like to Receive Electronic Communications From SEMA?
To receive timely and relevant, industry-specific information, tell SEMA what you want to receive by visiting www.SEMA.org/subscribe. By setting your e-mail preferences, you can choose to receive timely communications regarding the SEMA Show and other events, SEMA membership and councils, market research and reports, SEMA eNews, education and webinars, vehicle technology and/or international relations.
If you’ve opted out of receiving e-mail communications from SEMA and would like to once again begin to receive information, you can update your preferences at www.SEMA.org/subscribe.