- Jul 17 2014
2011 SEMA Show Welcomes, Caters to International Visitors
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2011 SEMA SHOW WELCOMES, CATERS TO
-- Premier Trade Event Offers Resources Specifically for International Buyers --
DIAMOND BAR, Calif. (July 13, 2011) - With nearly 2,000 manufacturing companies exhibiting at the SEMA Show each year, buyers from throughout the world look to the annual event to see and learn about new products and trends in the automotive accessories market. Recognizing the importance and value that international buyers have at the SEMA Show, organizers have expanded the list of resources that cater specifically to professionals from outside the United States.
Most recently, SEMA President and CEO Chris Kersting participated in a panel discussion in Las Vegas, Nevada, focused on the issue of securing travel visas to attend trade show in the United States. Hosted by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, the panel gave perspectives on how visa approvals could be streamlined in hopes of making it easier for international buyers to attend trade shows and do business in the United States.
"It's clear that business has gone global and there are huge opportunities for SEMA Show exhibitors," said Kersting. "It's critical that we do what we can to assist our international buyer guests."
Among the international services available to SEMA Showgoers are:
- Online registration - The online registration site include comprehensive information for international visitors. A designated "International Visitors" tab features basic information about the Show in seven different languages. An "International Travel Support" tab is also available to connect visitors from key countries to travel information specific to their location. The online registration form allows international buyers to seamlessly generate personalized Letters of Invitations that can be used for requesting visas.
- Badge pickup - International visitors are able to pick up their badges onsite at International Registration, where interpreters are on hand ready to assist.
- Center for International Commerce -- Centrally located within the Las Vegas Convention Center, the Center for International Commerce (CIC) is available to international buyers and includes private meeting rooms, a lounge area, interpreters and complimentary WiFi.
- Exhibitor Directory - To help international buyers, the SEMA Show directory includes a list of exhibitors that currently export outside the United States. The list makes it easy for international buyers to hone in on the companies with whom they are most likely to do business.
- Networking - At the Show, SEMA hosts the International Happy Hour. With 1,000 international buyers, exhibitors and media, the event is the world's largest international networking gathering of specialty equipment companies.
The SEMA Show takes place Tuesday-Friday, November 1-4, 2011, in Las Vegas, Nevada. For more information about programs and services available to international visitors at the SEMA Show, contact Linda Spencer at email@example.com.
About SEMA and the SEMA Show
The SEMA Show is a trade show produced by the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA), a nonprofit trade association founded in 1963. Since the first SEMA Show debuted in 1967, the annual event has served as the leading venue bringing together manufacturers and buyers within the automotive specialty equipment industry. Products featured at the SEMA Show make it possible for vehicle owners to customize their cars, trucks and SUVs. Additional details are available at www.SEMAShow.com or www.sema.org, 909/396-0289.