- Dec 18 2014
- Dec 18 2014
Jodie Andersen, SBN Member of the Month, July 2010
Name: Jodie Andersen
Company: JoDog Sport Inc
Tell us about. . .
. . . what your company does.
We manufacturer the X-Tend-A-Step®, and other unique truck related accessories. We also champion other inventor’s products that promote safety and convenience to our client base.
. . . your job.
CEO/President, Inventor, R&D, Sales, and contagious champion.
. . . the most satisfying aspect of your job.
That I create my future everyday. The joy of knowing that my future relies on my efforts daily. It is like riding the edge, some days I feel like I chose cruise control, but at the end of the day, I always choose the edgy side of things.
. . . how long you’ve been with the aftermarket industry.
5 years as a manufacturer.
. . . what brought you to the industry.
My brother-in-law invented a truck accessory and I decided to take it to market in 2005.
. . . any major professional accomplishments.
-Received the 2009 Best Safety Innovation/Product from The Builders Association of Northern Nevada (BANN).
- Championing a new product to a new industry without relationships, industry knowledge, and capital.
- Being recognized in 1999 from US Dept of HUD as a national “Top 100 Best Practice” organization for my development of the Community Business Resource Center.
- Receiving certification as an Economic Development Finance Professional.
. . . membership in other organizations.
- AGC California Safety & Health Council
Northern Nevada Builders Association
- Advisory Council, founding member for E-TECHS Entrepreneurial Technical Engineering Charter High School- Reno, NV
-Mefiyi Foundation, Board member
. . . your industry mentor.
Ken Ross, Networks Enterprises, Load Tamer. Ron Doan RD Sales of Mi. Dave Herrmeyer, Trucking Times.
Now tell us about. . .
. . . the best piece of advice you’ve ever received.
Treat people how you want to be treated.
. . . what someone meeting you for the first time would be surprised to learn.
How ambitious I am.
. . . your dream car.
. . . favorite pastime.