- Nov 26 2014
Five New Members Elected to SEMA Board of Directors
(June 24, 2010)
Contact: Della Domingo
-- Jim Bingham, John Hotchkis, John Iannotte, Myles Kovacs, Adrian Murray to be Sworn in at Summer Gala, While New SEMA Hall of Fame Members are Honored –
DIAMOND BAR, Calif. (June 24, 2010) – Results of the 2010-2012 SEMA Board of Directors’ election are in, with five new members joining the group and six members re-elected onto the Board. The recently elected members will serve for two years, beginning July 2010 and concluding July 2012.
They will accompany those who were voted onto the Board in 2009 and are completing the second of their two-year term.
Members of the 2010-2011 SEMA Board of Directors are:
- Chairman of the Board: Rick Rollins, Rollins Performance Marketing/Consulting
- Chairman-Elect: Scooter Brothers, COMP Performance Group
- Joel Ayres, Truck Accessories Group
- Jeff Bates, Bob Cook Sales
- Jim Bingham, Winners Circle Speed & Custom Inc.
- Luanne Brown, eTool Developers
- Laurel Dasher, Superchips
- Donnie Eatherly, P&E Distributors Inc.
- Doug Evans, Source Interlink Media
- Ron Funfar, Hedman Hedders/Trans-Dapt
- John Hotchkis, Hotchkis Performance LLC
- John Iannotte, NA Williams Co.
- Myles Kovacs, DUB Publishing Inc.
- Zan Martin, Martin & Co. Advertising
- Bob Moore, Bob Moore & Partners
- Adrian Murray, Painless Performance
- Tony Napoli, Jr., American Speed Centers
- Ed Orzetti, Keystone Automotive Operations Inc.
- Mike Spagnola, Street Scene Equipment
- David Stutts, Hot Rod Air Inc.
- Chris Thomson, AIRAID Filter Co.
- Tim Watts, Superlift Suspension Systems
- Van Woodell, Weathers Auto Supply
- Jeep Worthan, Auto Meter
The newest members of the group, representing the manufacturer category, are Hotchkis, Kovacs and Murray. Bingham is a new member representing the distributor/retailer category, and Iannotte is a new member representing the manufacturers’ rep category.
Funfar, Thomson and Watts were re-elected in the manufacturer category, and Brown, Moore and Orzetti were re-elected in the distributor/retailer category.
“We are grateful to the volunteers who share their industry knowledge and expertise by serving on the SEMA Board of Directors,” said Chris Kersting, SEMA president and CEO. “These leaders ensure that we are focused on the most crucial issues and that we tackle the industry’s biggest challenges. Many key programs that we have today are a direct result of guidance from the SEMA Board.”
The new members will be recognized during the SEMA Installation Banquet & Gala Fundraiser, Friday, July 23, 2010, in Pasadena, CA. Also during the event, outgoing members Ralph Accinno, Gale Banks, Dennis Gage, BJ Leanse and Dave Wrobleski will be recognized, along with the 2010 SEMA Hall of Fame inductees Richard “Dick” McMullen, Chuck Schwartz and Van Woodell. McMullen, who passed away in 2005, will be represented by his family.
Proceeds from the gala will be contributed to two organizations: Childhelp and Victory Junction Gang Camp, the two charities affiliated with the SEMA Cares initiative. Tickets and details for the Installation Banquet & Gala Fundraiser are available at https://secure.sema.org/gala/banquetreservations.aspx, or for assistance/questions, contact Lisa Moreno at firstname.lastname@example.org, 909/978-6684.
SEMA, the Specialty Equipment Market Association founded in 1963, represents the $31.85 billion specialty automotive industry of 7,144 member-companies. It is the authoritative source for research, data, trends and market growth information for the specialty auto parts industry. The industry provides appearance, performance, comfort, convenience and technology products for passenger and recreational vehicles. For more information, contact SEMA at 1575 S. Valley Vista Dr., Diamond Bar, CA 91765, tel: 909/396-0289, or visit www.sema.org or www.enjoythedrive.com.