- Dec 05 2013
- Dec 05 2013
Tracie Nunez, 2012 - 2015 Board of Directors Nominee
Dear SEMA member,
I am humbled to be on the SEMA Board of Directors ballot. My passion is making a difference by creating a positive change in people and in our industry. I am a strategic thinker who is able to work in a collaborative environment. My work history and SEMA council experience shows this. Most importantly, I have the courage to take on difficult challenges and to work toward solutions.
• 13 years with ACT as CEO.
• Key player in establishing the ACT brand name.
• Responsible for the day-to-day entire organization.
• 8 years with Avery Dennison, an office supplies manufacturer.
• Worked in several distribution facilities specializing in shipping, logistics and inventory control.
• 2 years at Bap Geon, an import parts chain.
• Auto parts delivery driver and counterperson.
Important Issues to our industry:
1. Member Satisfaction - Ensure each member can participate in relevant programs, research and networking opportunities. SEMA is a great resource for our businesses to learn from, grow with and be promoted by.
2. Consumer Awareness and Industry Growth – The aftermarket has a larger consumer reach with the internet. We must continue to identify new technology and buying trends.
3. The SEMA Show Future – Needs to continue changing with industry trends while understanding the financial impact to the association.
4. Legislation Activity – Protect industry interests by activating the power of the association’s membership at a local, state and federal level.
SEMA Involvement since 1999:
Street Performance Council (SPC) Council Chair and Chair-Elect 2007-2011
Sport Compact Council Person of the Year 2007
Motorsports Parts Manufacturing Council (MPMC) Select Committee 2006-2009
BOD Nominating Committee 2009
Rep Agency of the Year Award Task Force 2009
WD of the Year Award Task Force 2009, 2010
Person of the Year Award Task Force 2010
You and I are SEMA. Your voice matters. The Board of Directors has decreased its size, so member involvement and good leadership is essential to SEMA’s future. I welcome your input and humbly ask for your vote. Please call me at (661) 940-7555 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2012-2015 Candidate Bios and Photos
John Hotchkis (Incumbent), Hotchkis Performance
Adrian Murray (Incumbent), Painless Performance
Tim Watts (Incumbent), Superlift Suspension Systems
Tracie Nunez, Advanced Clutch Technology, Inc.
Russell Stephens, MSD Performance