- Dec 05 2013
- Dec 05 2013
Jeff Bates, 2011-2013 Board of Directors Nominee
If elected again to the SEMA Board, I would use valuable experience gained during my first term and work diligently to help guide SEMA’s future, addressing issues and challenges facing our industry today . I would view all SEMA matters impartially and work to maintain a high level of professionalism to the manufacturers’ rep category on the Board.
Bob Cook Sales Inc.–Memphis, Tennessee
Manufacturers Rep 1989-present
Rep South–Sam Compton & Associates–Hendersonville, Tennessee
Manufacturers’ Rep - 1984–1989
Dunn & Grasso Performance–Bristol Pennsylvania/Trenton, New Jersey
Sales – Purchasing 1976–1984
Royal Auto Supply–Colmar, Pennsylvania
Store Manager- 1974–1976
Outstanding Career Achievements
- SEMA Board of Directors 2009–2011
- SEMA Board Executive Committee 2010–2011
- Honored several times with rep awards from WDs and manufacturers. Named MSD Ignition’s 2006 Rep of the Year; nominated for the PWA Person of the Year award.
- Have been a member of Bob Cook Sales for 23 years. During that time, the company has received four SEMA Manufacturers’ Rep of the Year Awards. In 2006 I became one of three principal partner/owners of the BCS agency. My biggest industry and personal accomplishment has been earning the respect of my colleagues, account base and manufacturer clients.
- SEMA Board of Directors
- SEMA Board Executive Committee
- Manufacturers Rep Council
- Served on several manufacturers focus and steering groups
- Category management training
I’ve always had a passion for automobiles and racing and have been fortunate enough to turn this passion into a career. I became involved in drag racing while in school and pursued it for several years. Those years spent under a car hood and at the race track have provided me invaluable experience that has helped me throughout my career. After moving south to the Charlotte area, I forged business relationships that have kept me close to the NASCAR scene. I attend multiple NASCAR, Drag Race, Circle Track and street-rod events throughout the year on behalf of the manufactures I represent, and call on a very diverse customer base made up of retailers, WDs, professional race teams as well as engine and car builders.
Candidate Bios and Photos
Doug Evans, Source Interlink Media
Nate Shelton, B&M Automotive Group
Joel Ayres, Takit, LLC (Incumbent)
John Brueggeman, 3M
Jim Chick, Bestop, Inc
Raymond King, Federal Mogul
Tim Martin, K&N Engineering Inc.
Mike Spagnola, Street Scene Equipment (Incumbent)
Brock Weld, BMF Wheels
Steve Wolcott, ProMedia LLC
Jeep Worthan, Auto Meter (Incumbent)
Distributor/Retailer & Services Category:
Greg Adler, Transamerican Auto Parts
Donnie Eatherly, P&E Distributors Inc (Incumbent)
J.R. Moore, Performance Warehouse
Famous Rhodes, eBay Motors
Brock Rude, JR Motorsports
Van Woodell, Weathers Auto Supply, Inc. (Incumbent)
Manufacturer's Rep Category:
Jeff Bates, Bob Cook Sales (Incumbent)
Joel Rosenthal, Gantt-Thomas and Associates, Inc.