- Jul 24 2014
- Jul 24 2014
Mark Toebben, 2010 Board of Directors Nominee
I have been proud to serve you on the SEMA Board of the Directors in the past. My focus in my career in the industry has been to help SEMA members find ways to increase their bottom line, and I believe working to grow the market to help our members should continue to be the top focus of our association. Understanding your business and the tools you need is vital for representation on the SEMA Board, and I would continue to bring this knowledge to the Board to help our members if elected.
As president of DCi (Direct Communications Inc.), a 38-year SEMA member, I have worked with hundreds of distributor and retailer businesses to provide them with the tools and information they need to compete and grow. The biggest focus has been making manufacturers’ newest product information available through electronic cataloging and over the Internet. This helps eliminate any barriers so that retailer and distributor members can have the information they need as quickly as possible to sell manufacturers’ products.
I have served SEMA in a variety of roles:
- As a member of the SEMA Board of Directors
- As a moderator at two Aftermarket eForums (an annual conference focusing on the need to utilize technology and information to increase sales and profits).
- As a SEMA representative in the Aftermarket Data Vision group, a SEMA/Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association (AAIA)/Motor and Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA) endeavor to increase the availability and use of electronic information to help our industry grow.
- As a participant in the SEMA Washington Rally, visiting our representatives in D.C., to discuss issues that are vital to the health of our industry. This is an extremely important area to our membership and understanding and involvement is key to either fight or support legislation impacting our businesses.
I have been involved in leadership positions my entire life—from chairing committees for international corporations to serving on other boards. I want to provide my experience to the SEMA Board once again to help your company and our industry grow. I am excited about serving as your representative on the SEMA Board and ask for your vote.
Candidates Bios and Photos
- Ron Funfar, Hedman Hedders/Trans-Dapt (incumbent)
- John Hotchkis, Hotchkis Performance LLC
- Myles Kovacs, DUB Publishing Inc.
- B.J. Leanse, Big Country Truck Accessories (incumbent)
- Adrian Murray, Painless Performance
- Ernie Silvers, Egge Machine Company, Inc.
- Chris Thomson, AIRAID Filter Co. (incumbent)
- Tim Watts, Superlift Suspension Systems (incumbent)
- Bob West, Westin Automotive Products, Inc.