- Nov 26 2014
Ernie Silvers, 2010 Board of Directors Nominee
“I believe SEMA is an excellent association and being a member of its Board would surely be a pinnacle in my diverse career. But it’s not about me—it’s about you and your needs as a SEMA-member company. I can only promise that I will do my very best to ensure members come first in the decision-making process and SEMA continues to deliver tangible member benefits for small businesses.”
“I’m dedicated to fighting for pro-automotive industry legislation at the state and federal levels. I’ll continue to work through the SEMA Memorial Scholarship Committee to prepare graduating students for the realities of working in our industry. I sincerely believe in SEMA’s mission and, if elected, firmly believe we can prepare your company for a successful and prosperous future in the automotive aftermarket.”
Ernie is a seasoned professional with more than 25 years of automotive aftermarket sales, marketing and management experience. Ernie joined Egge Machine Co. in 1995 as its sales manager and currently serves as the company’s CEO. Ernie is the immediate past chairman of SEMA’s Automotive Restoration Market Organization (ARMO) and serves on the Memorial Scholarship Committee. Ernie earned a B.A. from the University of Phoenix and an M.B.A. at the University of Redlands-Redlands, California.
Ernie’s industry involvement spans from 2001–present and includes but is not limited to the following:
- ARMO Person of the Year–2008
- ARMO Select Committee 2001–2010
- ARMO Immediate Past Chairman (Advisor) 2008–2010
- ARMO Council Chairman 2006–2008
- ARMO Chair-Elect 2004–2006
- SEMA PAC President’s Club Member
- Washington Rally Participant–Since 2004
- Inaugural Sacramento Rally Participant 2007
- Program Emcee
- Building Value in Vintage Engines–Hotrod & Restoration Show 2010
- Super Charging Your Backyard Business–SEMA Show 2008
- ARMO Education Roundtable–Who’s Teaching Tomorrow’s Workers–Hotrod & Restoration Show 2007
- ARMO Education Roundtable–Internet Symposium–Hotrod & Restoration Show 2006
- ARMO Education Roundtable–Where is the Restoration Industry Headed?–Hotrod & Restoration Show 2005
- SEMA Memorial Scholarship Committee Member–Since 2006
- SEMA Board Selection Committee–2008 Elections
Candidates Bios and Photos
- Ron Funfar, Hedman Hedders/Trans-Dapt (incumbent)
- John Hotchkis, Hotchkis Performance LLC
- Myles Kovacs, DUB Publishing Inc.
- B.J. Leanse, Big Country Truck Accessories (incumbent)
- Adrian Murray, Painless Performance
- Ernie Silvers, Egge Machine Company, Inc.
- Chris Thomson, AIRAID Filter Co. (incumbent)
- Tim Watts, Superlift Suspension Systems (incumbent)
- Bob West, Westin Automotive Products, Inc.